Senior project Manager
Work out of the E-PMO - Enterprise Project Management Office
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize complex projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. The projects managed by this individual are large, multifaceted and span across multiple sites or affiliates. The Senior Project Managers are responsible for the creation of the strategy and project plan plus acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants. The Senior Project Manager will provide support and guidance to Project Managers when necessary and assist in the development and refinement of the project management process and toolset
- Direct and manage complex multi-dimensional project development from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of project management experience desired
- Strong analytical, computer, communication, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated project management experience effectively working with multiple, diverse stakeholders in a complex project environment
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience managing projects within an established standard project lifecycle framework
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills including superior oral and written communications
- Strong analytical skills with expertise in one or more statistical modeling tools (Excel, Minitab, SPSS) preferred
- Experience in a large complex healthcare or academic healthcare setting preferred
- Clinical or healthcare operations experience preferred (e.g. nursing, lab or radiology operations, etc)
- Solid working knowledge of technical infrastructure and process, including: servers/storage, networks, configuration and change control, data warehouse and reporting technology, data conversion, system integration, HL7 interfaces, and testing
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- PMP Certification Preferred