We’re working with our client to find them a Sr. DevOps Engineer.
This job can be located in either Rochester, NY or Boston, MA
You will work with other engineers to identify workflow pain points and develop their solutions.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer you will work through the continuous delivery pipeline ensuring stable, maintainable, scalable, and secure applications and platforms.
The DevOps roles require both senior level Linux engineer/administration along with a solid software development/engineering background.
- Be the bridge between software and systems engineering
- Identify trends in need of a larger solution, beyond the scope of the immediate problem
- Design and champion best practices within the organization
- Solve complex and challenging problems with simple, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Utilize Open Source solutions where appropriate to stand on the shoulders of giants
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer (Java or C or c#) developing and maintaining an applications
- Experience with Linux administration (full stack or devops experience counts)
- Experience with scripting and systems automation (bash, python, etc.)
- Proficiency with git and ideally experience with collaborative use of GitHub or GitLab
- A passion for configuration management; Puppet preferred, Ansible/Chef/Salt acceptable
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, e.g. Terraform, OpenStack Heat, etc.
- The ability to quickly acquire new skills and thrive in a team-based environment
- The ability to effectively manage time and push multiple projects at once
- A willingness to perform other related duties as assigned
- Being willing to periodically travel as required
- Being available for off hours/on-call support; required