Windows/Data Center/SharePoint Admin
Essential Job Functions:
The Windows/Data Center/SharePoint Admin manages all aspects of the environment, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of the portal. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of Systems and other collaborative tools within the organization. Administrator must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
- Oversee the SharePoint Portal Server infrastructure, user access and application deployment – taking the lead role in implementation
- Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of all web portal servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure
- Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis; as well as perform as the SharePoint Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Provide technical guidance to the team in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment (understanding relationship with active directory, SQL, IIS,etc).
- Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to design and develop solutions to address business needs and opportunities, and propose changes that would make the SharePoint environment a more effective solution.
- Manage SQL Server and IIS environments
- Application technical support
- 5 years of experience with Windows Administration
- Experience in data center/server hardware technologies including VMWare
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate excellent customer services skills and the ability to communicate with individuals of all levels internal and external to the organization
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline