SQL Database Developer – (Rochester, NY)
This is a direct hire role for our Rochester area client.
Only local Rochester area US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
The database developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications related to the database.
Must have strong background in SQL including researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle.
As a SQL developer you will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Develops, plans and analyzes, designs products, and programs computer software that requires extensive research.
- Utilizes advance knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of software development and methodologies.
- Performs software and system testing procedures, bug verification, release testing, and beta support.
- Performs product design and programming activities involving multiple modules or subsystems.
- Participates in design meetings and consults with other staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Performs complex release testing and beta support for assigned projects and resolves problems found in the software.
- Prepares documentation required of the product.
- Analyzes and researches software requirements to determine feasibility of design and marketing requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development or related field.
- 3 plus years of experience in Database Development, Software Engineering, Software Development, or similar field.
- Working technical knowledge of database concepts and basic architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of database programming languages and ability to write complex sql queries.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle.