Sr. Data Warehouse QA Engineer – (Rochester, NY)
This is a direct hire opportunity in the Rochester, NY area.
ONLY US CITIZENS OR GREEN CARD HOLDERS LOCAL TO ROCHSTER WILL BE CONSIDERED!
Our Data Warehouse QA Engineers ensure delivery of products and services of the highest quality possible to our customers.
QA Engineers are responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation tests and scripts, maintaining and adding to existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of tool sets to augment QA and Development testing.
They will also work closely with Software Engineers, Project Managers, and Customer Support to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the software technology within the organization.
Analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements.
Create test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems.
Apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate software development processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in technology initiatives.
- Conduct detailed data analysis, and data discovery/profiling in the Data Warehouse and End User Databases
- Create and execute complex SQL query tests that will ensure proper data transformation, validation, data cleanliness and also ensure proper data flow through analytics, providing optimal application performance
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as unit, automation, system regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Plan, deploy and manage the testing effort of the QA team.
- Serves as technical expert, may lead and coordinate a team on a particular project.
- Assists in the training of less experienced engineers.
- Estimating test efforts as part of an Agile team
- Develop specialized testing tools for use in testing our software platform
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- 5-7 years’ experience in database testing
- 7 plus years of experience in software quality assurance engineering.
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts - Experienced in Data Analysis and Data Profiling is a must
- Very Strong SQL knowledge is must - Experienced and Expert level ability to write complex SQL queries for data transformation, validation and completeness
- Python scripting skill is desired
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, web services, fluent with html/css/js)
- Experience with development processes like TTD (Test driven development) and BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) is desired
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- Knowledge of Agile best practices and methodologies.
- Excellent PC skills and technically fluent in programming languages.