We are currently recruiting for an individual to join our clients team as a direct hire Sr. Front-End/UI Developer.
Only US citizens or Green Card holders in the Rochester area will be considered.
As a Senior Front-End/User Interface Software Engineer you will develop web-based desktop and mobile user-interfaces for existing and new applications, as well as develop native mobile (iOS, Android) user-interfaces for existing and new applications.
- Work with back-end software engineers to integrate user-interfaces with existing and developing back-end technologies
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, performance, and usability
- Work with UX team to help drive design of overall mobile and desktop UXs for applications
- Analyze existing front-end technologies and user-interfaces as needed to troubleshoot and fix problems and develop enhancements
- Assist in the development and maintenance of internal mobile Internet standards
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical and process improvements
- Development tasks include coding, testing, debugging, documenting, deploying, monitoring, and support. All tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards
- Provide assistance in the setup and maintenance of the software development and deployment environments
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies
- Bachelors degree
- Experience with Aurelia framework is a plus but experience with other frameworks will be considered!
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Mobile UX/UI development experience
- iOS (Swift/Objective C) and Android (Java) native development experience a plus
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Knowledge of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of image authoring tools (e.g., Photoshop, Pixelmator)
- Excellent communication and organizational skill