We are currently recruiting for an individual to join our clients team as a direct hire Java Backend Developer.
Only US citizens or Green Card holders in the Rochester area will be considered.
As a Java backend developer, you will create and implement software solutions including web applications, mobile web applications, and native mobile apps. In addition, you will analyze business and technical requirements and make architectural decisions based on those needs.
- Utilize Java and related development tools to develop code and data models for web applications, mobile web applications, and native mobile apps
- Work with the software engineering team to drive design and architecture of web applications, mobile web applications and mobile apps
- Coordinate with software engineering team to drive changes and updates to existing core technology that will be required to support next-generation web and mobile based applications
- Analyze current technologies, APIs, and libraries as needed to troubleshoot and fix problems and develop enhancements
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical or workflow process improvements
- Maintain strong and effective communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with clients and colleagues
- Development tasks include coding, testing, debugging, documenting, deploying, monitoring, and support. All tasks are performed in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standard
- Bachelors degree
- 3 – 5+ years relevant work experience
- Expertise with software development technologies including Java, Spring/Spring Boot, REST, SSO (OAuth/SAML), Maven, NPM, etc.
- Expertise in Object Oriented software engineering
- Experience with Service Oriented architecture
- Experience with relational databases and relational data modeling
- Experience with Secure SDLC
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills