Sr. Software Engineer – (Rochester, NY)
The java software developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications.
This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life-cycle.
The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Seasoned technical job delivering on operational targets within a discipline.
- Works to achieve business targets with moderate impact on department results.
- May be responsible for entire projects or processes within discipline; contributes to the completion of team objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the department.
- Works on a variety technical projects of limited to moderate scope with instruction; has limited supervision.
- Executes tasks/assignments that are well defined, and has limited guidance on scope, methodology, expected timing and results.
- Work is reviewed generally for completeness and accuracy.
- Uses some discretion to prioritize work, and evaluate problem solving approaches.
- Errors may seriously impact client operations, costs or schedules.
- Communicates with contacts both within and outside of function on matters that require explanation, interpretation, and / or advising; typically has responsibility communicating to parties outside of the organization.
- Works to influence parties within the function at an operational level regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
- Develops, plans and analyzes, designs products, and programs computer software that requires extensive research.
- Utilizes advance knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of software development and methodologies.
- Performs software and system testing procedures, bug verification, release testing, and beta support.
- Performs product design and programming activities involving multiple modules or subsystems.
- Participates in design meetings and consults with other staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Performs complex release testing and beta support for assigned projects and resolves problems found in the software.
- Prepares documentation required of the product.
- Analyzes and researches software requirements to determine feasibility of design and marketing requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Serves as a technical expert in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or complex enhancements to existing software.
- May lead and coordinate a team of Software Developers on a particular project.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- 3 plus years of experience in software engineering, development, etc.
- Seasoned technical specialist in area of responsibility in area of responsibility.
- Applies advanced technical principles to complete somewhat complex tasks.
- May provide input on group’s technical direction.
- Background in SQL and Java.
- Experience working with enterprise applications.
- Healthcare claims experience a plus.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life-cycle.