Functional Title: Citrix Administrator
Supervisor: Project Director, Server Infrastructure Group (SIG)
Responsible for the administration, engineering, and implementation relative to virtualization in the following areas: Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop. Also, this person will manage VDISKs, coordinate UAT and lifecycle management of Citrix images.
- Knowledge relative to administration and implementation relative to virtualization in the following areas: Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.X and 6.65
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2/ 2016
- Experience with Citrix Director
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Citrix GPOs and Policies
- Experience maintaining a Citrix environment with complex, multiple AD domains
- Experience with PVS, management of VDISKs, coordinating UAT, and lifecycle management of Citrix images
- Configures and administers all components of Citrix infrastructure including application publishing, system monitoring, troubleshooting, end user support, license monitoring, and system documentation.
- Participating in the evaluation, planning, design, and implementation of new application initiatives
- Serving as the expert in implementations and migrations of the latest Citrix and application virtualization technologies; recommending solutions to support and enhance our existing systems
- Identifying opportunities and implementing solutions to improve business processes and productivity, with a keen focus on automation
- Providing on-going support of installed application systems including resolution of application systems incidents, root cause analysis of problems, impact analysis and planning of proposed system upgrades and patches
- Analysis and development of enhancements to meet changing user requirements
- Execution of change control procedures to ensure all enhancements, upgrades and patches are thoroughly tested and planned before implementation in the production environment
- Maintaining all related technical documentation; where applicable, developing and communicating company policies and procedures
- Maintaining corporate Citrix environment
- Manage vendor relationship
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering, and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong technical knowledge in Citrix XenApp 6.5 and 7.X.
- Experience designing, implementing, migrating and supporting Citrix suite of products (XenApp, XenDesktop, etc.) version 7.x including Citrix Receiver.
- 5-7 years deploying, administering, and supporting Citrix XenApp
- Experience publishing and deploying applications via XenApp
- Experience troubleshooting application publishing issues, user connectivity, and network timeouts
- Experience supporting XenApp is a thin client environment preferred
- Fundamental knowledge, understanding, and ability to troubleshoot Active Directory and network technologies and protocols
- XenDesktop experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Strong technical knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures.
- 5-7 years troubleshooting software/application issues with operating systems or third-party products
- For technical engineering support, familiarity with one or all of the following technical environments: servers, storage, networking, or virtualization
- Adept quick learner
- Ability to work in an environment where deadlines are critical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with VMWare ESX is a plus
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with technical problems
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to take direction and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Developed analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- On-call availability
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed