The Systems Engineer role (SE) is responsible for working closely with the Global Development Manager (GDM) and the Technology Teams to define and clarify complexity of technical requirements and system design.
- They facilitate the segmentation, definition of detailed SW requirements, linkages to User Interface (UI) behavior and design provided by a UI Designer, and inter-dependencies of SW components for development planning and execution.
- The SE is collaborative and enabling, to bring together the relevant technical representatives, in order to put sufficient technical definition and clarity in place for the SW team.
- This is critical in the early stages of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), so that the SW teams can move forward as planned.
- The candidate will work within SSDE and occasionally with team members across the value chain, to refine requirements and designs, maintain accurate product backlogs, work within some Task Management Tool (e.g. TFS) to keep work item status accurate and complete.
The SE must be able have meaningful conversations with the business owners, users, and technology team around the practical nature of the software and be able to receive and positively respond to constructive feedback.
The SE must also be able to respond and clarify questions about requirements and design features, as well as adjust requirements based on retrospective issues.
The SE will have to work with other product and portal teams and ensure seamless integration with their products and portals.
This SE role is working on software solutions which enable discovery, configuration and status polling of printers, print servers and MFDs.
- Experience in .NET, Client-Server architecture constructs and Microsoft based N-Tier architecture.
- Experience with SQL and IIS
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent work attitude – “Can Do” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Works effectively with internal teams
- Ability to multi-task and put extra effort in to get the job done, if needed
- Ability to listen, engage and maintain continuous communication with a diverse group of SW developers with a variety of personality types
- A good understanding of the business, technology and the tools used to support the business
- Must have genuine enthusiasm and passion for technology, its application to solve business problems and ensuring requirements clarity is the best it can be
- Familiar with standard development methodologies (Scrum Agile Development) and global product development (onshore and offshore components)
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent required
- MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Development, Software Management desired
- 10-15 years software development experience required