We're recruiting for a Cloud Software Engineers to work either contracts or direct hire roles.
As a senior software engineer, will play an integral role on our cloud platform team developing and delivering the backend product applications.
The platform makes it easy for our Mobile and Web applications to create personalized imaging products that can be fulfilled in-store in hours or mailed directly to their home.
You will work closely with the team to design, develop and test complex application software in a modern development environment using Agile Develop techniques and processes.
The individual will work on-site in our Rochester, NY office.
- Build platform components and services used by our front-end Web, Mobile and Kiosk systems.
- Create and validate code for modularity, scalability, reusability and security.
- Enable system deployment utilizing DevOps best practices.
- Contribute to the definition, development, integration, documentation, and support of our software code base.
- Integrate 3rd party solutions to extend capabilities while maintaining a highly scalable and robust system.
- Test/evaluate new and emerging technologies for inclusion in our cloud product.
- Identify and integrate solutions that improve performance, monitoring, scalability, and overall security of our cloud platform.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years architecting modern restful cloud platform solutions that are highly scalable and secure, event based microservices, domain driven design, containerization, serverless functions, API management and IoT.
- Experience deploying infrastructure and configuration as code using through pipelines with Terraform, ARM Templates, PowerShell CLI and/or Azure REST API’s.
- Knowledge automating and testing cloud solutions to verify deployment readiness with tools such as PostMan, Arc or Katalon Studio that check SLA performance, scalability, and system integration.
- Demonstrated experience deploying cloud solutions using Canary Releases, A/B Feature or Blue-Green Deployments.
- Demonstrated use of Microsoft’s technologies (Visual Studio .Net, C#, CosmosDB, NuGet, and SQL).
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Great communication skills, work ethic and willingness to be a team player
Skills & Competencies
- Cloud Computing with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- C#, NodeJS, WCF, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, JSON, XML
- Git, NuGet, Microsoft DevOps, CI/CD pipelines
- Database systems SQL, NoSQL, CosmosDB