Someone who has the ability to do custom extracts and reporting using SQL query experience to improve our Learning Management System reporting.
A portion of the position is LMS (Learning Management System) administration, yet a critical skill/experience is to also have technical competence to use SQL to create queries, extracts, views, custom reports.
Someone with 3-5 years relevant experience plus 4-year degree, preferred in Computer Science field
- Provides design, technical, analytical, and consulting expertise for implementation and ongoing support of e-Learning and eRecord Learning Management System.
- Manages design, development creation, testing, publication, maintenance, trouble-shooting, education and support activities based on a project work plan that involves a high degree of complexity.
- Manages e-Learning and LMS projects and subtasks related to projects and third-parties involved in eRecord Training.
- Works in close coordination with the Lead Analyst, the Manager, Project Directors, LMS analyst, Principal Trainers, key Operations stakeholders /Subject Matter Experts and other departmental staff for project planning and direction setting.
- Coordinate own work tasks related to the timely implementation of changes to the Learning Management System and related eLearning development and production process, used by the eRecord Training project.
- Primary interface to internal technical staff and managers to identify training requirements, facilitate and implement changes in process, logistics and administration of the eRecord Training Program.
- Employs analytical and project management skills to identify and clarify user requirements and develop appropriate strategies.
- Able to evaluate appropriateness of various proposed solutions.
- Provides analytical, technical, administrative and procedural assistance for identification of LMS, e-Learning and training program requirements, enhancements and setup decisions.
Technical Systems Management and Skill Attributes
- Coordinates and completes LMS and e-Learning and some Intranet page design intake to production launch projects and tasks, to include related teams involved in the support the Training process.
- Monitors all aspects of LMS administration, e-Learning and some Intranet layout analysis, development and quality training instructional design logistics, learner enrollment and compliance validation.
- Maintains an in-depth technical knowledge of the LMS and e-learning instructional design and related procedures and processes.
- Responsible for project tracking, triaging and management of e-Learning and Learning Management (LMS) requests, including reporting.
- Reviews, finalizes, and ensures the documentation is complete and systems summaries, downtime procedures and LMS and eLearning specific process/procedures (Wiki).
- Monitors the operational impact of information technology solutions; may recommend and assist with changes in operational processes related to training programs, learning management systems and eLearning development or use.
- Evaluates, recommends systems aspects of training project, working with other team members and vendors as necessary.
- Establishes effective working relationships with technical personnel within vendors and other internal groups involved in e-learning and LMS systems analysis, planning, and implementation.
- Develops and manages logistics and administrative aspects of project and task management, routinely updating project plan.
- Gets customer sign-off at each appropriate milestone and approval to proceed.
- Performs system workflow analyses and documentation as necessary.
- Anticipates problems and formulates contingency plans or solutions as a project team member.
- Understands when and how to escalate project issues to Manager and/or Project Director.
- Interfaces effectively with customers, vendors, peer organizations (benchmarking).
- Works closely with the Lead Analyst and Manager to coordinate activities and ensure coverage of tasks and projects.
Consulting – Analysis
- Participates in the evaluation, design, facilitation, implementation and ongoing support of the Training program, especially the e-Learning and LMS components and some Intranet Training design.
- Defines, develops, and documents the necessary conceptual design and detail design of subprojects such as e-Learning status, compliance and LMS training reporting needs.
- Coordinate the functional and operational maintenance of e-Learning and of the Learning Management System with technical support.
- Develops and manages process for learner e-learning and LMS usage, activations and inactivation’s or updates.
- Provide support for Training communication distribution and follow-up
- Contribute to the compliance and reporting process to ensure users are appropriately trained prior to gaining access to the production system
- Ensuring any requests for e-Learning or LMS are tracked and responded to/accommodated including covering on-call after hours/weekends as part of a group rotation.
- Coordinate e-learning and LMS readiness for upgrades and new modules or projects as needed
- Serves on committees and attends meetings as requested.
- Follows all administrative standards (such as timely time sheet preparations, completing time away requests, completing annual mandatory educational requirements, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree is related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Computer Science, Health related studies, Training/Instructional Design or Business related studies) or equivalent.
- Masters preferred.
- At least 2 years proven Technical, LMS, e-Learning and Project Management experience.
- 3 years of Customer Support, Administration, preferably in a healthcare or training/ adult educational setting.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Captivate, Storyboard, Umbraco, MS Office applications, SharePoint, Report creation, and some knowledge of data base creation and use.
- Effective, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to follow-through on projects and perform project coordination/management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills