Cloud Software Engineer
We are seeking a forward-thinking contract to direct hire Cloud Software Engineer, interested in full-stack development with an agile and DevOps mindset.
We're are only able to use local Rochester candidates who are US citizens or Green Card Holders
NO third parties or canaidates needing sponsorship can be considered.
- Keep team members and supervisors informed of progress and issues
- Actively contribute in project status meetings
- Complete programming using languages and software products
- Design and conduct unit level tests and contributing to System Level verification.
- Adhere to the Agile Software development methodology.
- Participate in the peer inspection process
- Abide by Corporate licensing policies
- Comply with UI Design as well as branding standards.
- Contribute to patent portfolio by generating and Submitting Intellectual Property ideas.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Use Software Configuration Management tools and check in process.
- Provide guidance to both onshore and offshore teams
- Manage multiple assignments and align them with the business priorities & deadlines
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Ensure smooth integration of software with existing systems
- Troubleshoot production issues, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions
- Participate in the development of standards and procedures
- Architect, deploy & maintain Cloud solutions using delivering PaaS- (Platform as a Service) and IaaS- (Infrastructure as a Service) based solutions.
- Designing and deploying infrastructure to host new and existing lines of business applications
- Monitoring and testing system recovery accordance with the Company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Ensure solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability, security, and supportability
- Oversee information systems security safeguards for these cloud solutions
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years software development experience
- Ability to work within a team environment and foster the development of junior developers
- Clear understanding of the principles of object-oriented programming, portal development, and web services
- Knowledge of performance considerations, ability to measure performance and make improvements based on different browsers or devices
- Experience programming with C#, .NET, SQL or other related programming languages
- Experience with Angular or other Java scripting framework, HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience with .Net Webservices, WEP.API/RESTful, WCF/SOAP
- Experience working within an Agile SCRUM or SDLC environment
- Experience with AWS
- Strong Design Skills (ability to understand the whole system)