Cloud Software Engineer
We are seeking a forward-thinking Cloud Software Engineer, interested in full-stack development with an agile and DevOps mindset.
Complement a high-performance team with your unique talents for innovative cloud solutions.
- Actively participate in team meetings and cross-functional interactions.
- Keep team members and supervisors informed of progress and issues
- Actively contribute in project status meetings
- Complete programming using languages and software products
- Design and conduct unit level tests and contributing to System Level verification.
- Adhere to the Agile Software development methodology.
- Participate in the peer inspection process
- Abide by Corporate licensing policies
- Comply with UI Design as well as branding standards.
- Contribute to patent portfolio by generating and Submitting Intellectual Property ideas.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Use Software Configuration Management tools and check in process.
- Provide guidance to both onshore and offshore teams
- Manage multiple assignments and align them with the business priorities & deadlines
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Ensure smooth integration of software with existing systems
- Troubleshoot production issues, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions
- Participate in the development of standards and procedures
- Architect, deploy & maintain Cloud solutions using delivering PaaS- (Platform as a Service) and IaaS- (Infrastructure as a Service) based solutions.
- Designing and deploying infrastructure to host new and existing lines of business applications
- Monitoring and testing system recovery accordance with the Company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Ensure solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability, security, and supportability
- Oversee information systems security safeguards for these cloud solutions
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7 – 10 years software development experience
- Ability to work within a team environment and foster the development of junior developers
- Clear understanding of the principles of object-oriented programming, portal development, and web services
- Knowledge of performance considerations, ability to measure performance and make improvements based on different browsers or devices
- Experience programming with C#, .NET, SQL or other related programming languages
- Experience with Angular or other Java scripting framework, HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience with .Net Webservices, WEP.API/RESTful, WCF/SOAP
- Experience working within an Agile SCRUM or SDLC environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps or TFS
- Experience with Microservice Architecture / Docker Containers is a plus
- Experience with JAVA is a plus
- Strong Design Skills (ability to understand the whole system)
- Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure Platform and Azure SDK
- Shows a systematic, analytical approach to problem solving and shows aptitude for analyzing and managing problems arising from incidents.
- Demonstrates above average communication skills with an aptitude for dealing with users, colleagues and suppliers.
- Takes initiative to keep own and skills up to date and to maintain awareness of and, in own area(s) of expertise.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of major technology areas, platforms, development processes and system lifecycles
- Demonstrates effective mentoring and coaching skills.
- Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Broad and in-depth technical knowledge and understanding of major technology areas, platforms, development processes and system lifecycles