We’re working with our Rochester, NY DoD client searching for a Lead RF/Electrical Engineer.
US Citizens only as a security clearances will be required at a later date.
Relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities include creating, promoting and supporting automated testing solutions for Harris radio and related products that are sold internationally and to the Department of Defense. As such, team members also participate in some proposal, demonstration and program execution activities. The candidate’s primary function will be customer radio test system development with heavy emphasis on creating LabVIEW software to test radio functionality.
- Design, develop, and debug software applications for control/automation of test and measurement equipment using NI LabVIEW.
- Continuous improvement of measurement algorithms, techniques and reporting to improve quality and reduce overall cost.
- Consult with electrical engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate measurement techniques as they relate to maintenance needs of our customers.
- Participation in the development of new software architectures designed to cut test development costs.
- Porting of existing tests to new platforms enabling Harris to compete on large DoD opportunities.
- Supporting existing orders and creating proposals as we continue to grow our Maintenance Solutions.
- Acting as a technical expert on Maintenance Solutions for our Sales and Program Management teams.
- Installing and commissioning Maintenance Solutions at customer facilities.
- Evaluating OEM test equipment for inclusion in future Maintenance Solutions.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to other engineers on the MSE team
- Positive attitude, openness to new ideas, willingness to learn new tools, and a strong motivation to positively impact the performance and work experience of the team.
Bachelors Degree and a minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- NI LabVIEW
- Proficiency with Object-Oriented Programming and Design (OOP/OOD)
- Ability to quickly analyze and debug software and related hardware issues
- Familiarity with software management tools (e.g. SVN/GIT, JIRA)
- RF and baseband test and measurement experience. Familiarity with test equipment such as: Spectrum/Network analyzers, Power Meters, DMMs, Oscilloscopes, Audio analyzers
- NI TestStand Experience
- Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems.
- Familiarity with XML
- Experience with RS-232, Ethernet, USB, TCP/IP
- Networking and Radio communication system experience desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with end-customers