We’re working with our Rochester, NY DoD client searching for an Information Assurance Systems Engineer
US Citizens only as a security clearances will be required at a later date.
Relocation assistance is available.
Client requested someone with Engineering NOT IT Information Assurance experience.
- The Information Assurance (IA) Systems Engineer will be involved in IA related architecture development, CONOPS development, trade studies, requirements analysis and flow down to hardware/software configuration items as well as requirements validation and verification.
- This position requires significant DoD IA expertise to support embeddment of cryptographic components within tactical radio platforms.
- Candidate will analyze and allocate system security requirements, such as those imposed by NSA, and those under DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (RMF), as well as National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Common Criteria and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) FIPS standards.
- The Candidate will also oversee and prepare NSA security certification documents, such as System Evaluation Document (SED), Key and Certificate Management Plan (KCMP), Security Verification (SV) Test Plans and Reports, Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) Plans and Reports.
- The Candidate will interact with mechanical, electrical and SW engineers to make sure designs meet security requirements.’
- NSA Certification projects support
- RMF (Risk Management Framework) - a must), Program Protection Process, STIG analysis and support
- Bachelors degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must have experience with security requirements analysis and specification generation.
- Highly motivated, a self starter, and able to operate with little supervision in diverse environments.
- Must have a successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking personal task assignments.
- Experience leading small product development teams and mentoring other engineers.
- Experience with emerging security standards and evolution of NSA certification processes.
- Experience with modern cyber-security evaluation processes, such as RMF, supply chain risk management, program protection planning and Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) analysis
- Must have experience with certification of secure architectures.
- Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance or ability to obtain one.
- US citizenship is required.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- Security Clearance Required: No
- 5+ to 7 years experience
- Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
- Management Experience Required – No
- Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
- System Security Engineer
- RMF (Risk Management Framework) - a must.
- Must be US Citizen.