We’re working with our Rochester, NY DoD client searching for an FPGA Design Engineer
US Citizens only as a security clearances will be required at a later date.
Relocation assistance is available.
- Design, implement, integrate and test embedded FPGA firmware for software-defined radio applications.
- Candidate will be required to analyze requirements, create specifications, implement designs using VHDL/Verilog, and verify designs meet requirements.
- Cooperates with electrical, RF engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces
- Candidate will work with cross functional teams to define, design, and verify FPGA solutions for radio product development projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to Design, develop, modify and verify FPGA designs for electronic equipment or other communications systems.
- Perform FPGA design verification and validation using advanced RTL verification techniques
- Design FPGA’s through the life cycle including: Architecture development, algorithm implementation, synthesizable VHDL code generation
- Perform FPGA Design Implementation: Constraint driven FPGA Synthesis, place and route, static timing analysis
- Generate design review and deliverable documentation including review packages, block diagrams, interface control documents, test procedures, requirements verification matrices, and test plans/procedures
- Proficient in control and use of a variety of test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering discipline with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Highly motivated, self-starter, who works well in team environments
- Proficient in VHDL/Verlilog coding for synthesis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and debug FPGA firmware and related hardware issues
- Solid technical writing skills and ability to communicate complex technical concepts/solutions both inside and outside of the organization.
- In depth working knowledge and experience with vendor specific FPGA tools (Vivado, Quartus, etc.)
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Digital Signal Processing related to modem implementation and design
- High speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SDIO, Ethernet)
- Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces
- 5+ to 7 years experience
- Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
- Management Experience Required – No
- Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
- FPGA Design experience - must have proven experience actually doing the design work.
- Anyone with ASIC experience could move into FPGA fairly easily.