We are seeking candidates with UI/UX Design experience for long term contracts at Xerox.
No agencies or third parties.
We are only looking for US Citizens or Green Card holders within 50 miles of the Xerox Webster campus.
This position requires candidates with practical UI/UX design experience and educational background and visual design and layout, skilled at developing workflows and UI behavioral design taking functional requirements and translating them to User Interface presentations.
The User Experience Designer is responsible for the following:
- User Experience/User Interface design experience on embedded, web based, client, and mobile applications.
Function as part of a cross-functional design team and employ a user-centered experience design methodology to develop and deliver new and derivative user interface designs for embedded, web based, client, and mobile applications.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking activities to determine and provide recommendations regarding best-of-breed designs.
- Participate in customer research and perform task analyses / workflow analyses of existing and emerging user work practices.
- Conduct heuristic evaluations of systems and designs.
- Create flow diagrams, logical models, screen layouts and prototypes.
- Create and maintain user interface design specifications.’
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills (written, verbal, and visual), including presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proven visual design/development skills and experience with industry standard platform/OS (operating systems).
- Demonstrated ability to create design concepts, storyboards, and prototypes using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure, Android, iOS, or HTML/XHTML is essential.
Minimum: BA/BS in User Experience/User Interface Design, Interaction Design, Digital Media Design, Visual Communication Design, Information Architecture.
Preferred: MS/MA/MFA in User Experience/User Interface Design, or Interaction/Visual Design