Wellington Steele & Associates is a privately held, locally owned, recruiting and outsourcing company founded in 2002 and headquartered in Rochester, NY. WS&A is a national company with a strong Northeast presence. WS&A was founded on the premise of providing the highest quality Staff Augmentation and Project Management services available. Our solutions have been in continuous operation with some of the top fortune 500 companies.
We’re recruiting for a direct hire Senior/Lead QA Automation Engineer.
This is a 100% REMOTE job BUT we are only considering US Citizens or Green Card holders.
You will work with a core team involved in developing a web application using cloud technologies (AWS) service-oriented architecture and Angular UI.
In this role, you will be required to provide technical hands-on leadership as well as hands on QA Automation within the QA team, as well as serve as a key cross functional liaison/technical coordinator within R&D and Solutions organizations.
· You must be able to understand the requirements, Design Database Test Strategy, Review and Improve Automation for product regression suite, Support Web Application & API Testing, train others.
· Should be a self-starter with a passion for problem solving in a fast-paced dynamic Agile software environment.
· You must have deep technical knowledge and be able to provide technical solutions to day-to-day problems.
· You should be able to work in a matrix organizational environment and continually influence and work through others to get things done.
- Contribute to Product Architectural reviews and decisions
- Create and execute test strategy, test plans/scripts for better quality and efficiency
- Must be well versed with non-functional testing – Performance testing, Test Automation and Security Testing
- Assist functional leadership to help build the core competencies of the team members.
- Able to prioritize, train and guide team and work effectively across teams
- Designs and reviews Automation frameworks working within standards
- Does PoCs for new tools and techniques which would help the team to improve quality and efficiency
- Gain deep knowledge in NextGen product lines and Troubleshoot issues independently in a timely manner.
- Perform Code Reviews and Design Reviews.
- Independently work with the team in planning, outlining the tasks involved in a project and executing tasks
- Independently determine most effective engineering solutions to meet business requirements.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a 100% remote team environment
- Work with the Dev/RE Team to determine test plans and procedures.
- Train and mentor juniors/new joiners in the team
- Independently work/support in Agile Environment
- Excellent Communication Skills and has to be a team player
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders in the planning, scoping and design of software applications that delivers maximum value to our customers.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 9+ years of Software Testing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience using automated test tools for Functional and/or Performance, Scalability, and testing using JMeter, Load Runner, APM tools, Logging tools, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in UI and API testing for modern web applications
- Experience with API tools like Postman, Soap UI
- Experience with Database testing – SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Strong knowledge in Selenium and/or white and Test Automation
- Tested the software as part of a larger project that involved continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience working in an Agile environment with good understanding of SDLC, Defect Life Cycle, etc
- Experience working with JIRA
- Work with concerned parties to agree and accept new practices, processes, approaches and helping the team come up to speed on them.
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Web application, Windows and API testing
- Knowledge on various Test Automation Frameworks