We’re recruiting for a “Health IT Coordinator” in Rochester, NY.
This will be a 6 month contract to direct hire spot and we can only consider US Citizens or Green Card holders in Rochester, NY
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Health IT Coordinator will assure that all health information technology systems and internal data systems utilized to manage the program are optimized to support requirements of the NYS Department of Health.
The position will also carry out the day-to-day activities necessary to support the efficient use of Netsmart CareManager by staff and external care management agency staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the Netsmart vendor relationship and maintain internal Project Plan tracking Netsmart projects
- Develop agendas with team input for Netsmart weekly meetings, document and disperse meeting notes to both parties
- Provide all Help Desk functions for system end-users of Netsmart CareManager
- Continue to optimize use of help desk tools to streamline network support
- Identify trends and training opportunities
- Conduct quarterly user audits of the Netsmart Care Manager solution to confirm appropriate access to personal health information
- Build and foster relationships with regional health information organizations to optimize use of data and functionality
- Provide support to database developers to process daily files between Netsmart and MAPP as needed
- Function as a Netsmart CareManager internal super-user by understanding all configuration logic and how future changes impact logic, build, reporting, etc.
- Understand and analyze how data needs and reporting can be met by Netsmart CareManager through configuration updates.
- Lead efforts to align MAPP and Netsmart when new technical specifications are developed in collaboration with Training, Quality, and other data team members
- Coordinate with the team to understand and implement Netsmart updates as identified through Release Note review and distribution
- Ensure data integrity and alignment of data between MAPP and Netsmart CareManager to improve overall accuracy of reporting
- Work with care management agencies interested in utilizing import templates for specific data elements within the Netsmart CareManager chart
- Manage and update Netsmart CareManager reports as appropriate
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Experience: To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong telephone skills including clarity and engagement
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to assess needs, resolve problems, and manage expectations.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete required background screenings: driving
- Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users.
- Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Ability to be flexible, organized, and work independently, yet be amenable to supervision
- Recognizes and values diversity within the work environment.
- Participates as a member of the team in valuing individual differences and supporting one another’s opportunity to achieve their greatest potential.
- Culturally responsive to the population being served in the development, design, monitoring, evaluation and/or implementation of programs and services.
- Respects the confidential nature of certain information exposed to in the course of work performance