We're recruting for a Senior Full-Stack Software Developer to work a 6 month contract to direct hire role.
We are only considering Rochester, NY candidates that are US Citizens or Green Card holders.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Reports To: Manager of Software Engineering
Software Engineers are expert problem solvers. They are analytical, results-driven and love to troubleshoot.
- Their primary responsibilities include building software by writing code; as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance or upgrade interfaces.
- Resolving technical issues and improving applications and processes, with a particular focus on back-end applications, are a primary focus for this role.
- Excellent at both communication and documentation, Software Engineers direct system testing and validation procedures.
- They have extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development lifecycle.
- Committed to staying abreast of the latest developments in the industry, Software Engineers use these learnings to formulate more efficient programs and improve applications.
- Able to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects, they have the flexibility to adapt to evolving needs of the enterprise.
- The ideal Software Engineer will bring a team-player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary.
OVERARCHING JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building and maintaining software integrations: 30%
- System testing and validation procedures: 30%
- Root cause analysis and resolution of technical issues: 20%
- System and process documentation: 10%
- Planning and analysis in support of system changes: 10%
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop clean, maintainable, and resilient code in a modern programming language
- Contribute to the review of new or existing code and testing thereof
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Developing ideas for new programs or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Collaborate with other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
- Monitor system performance
- Proactively support and participate in agency improvement/innovation initiatives
- Advises on relational database architecture and best-practices for efficient storage and retrieval.
- Writes and oversees all API data collection queries and documents the intricacies of each data source
- Advises on opportunities and best-practices to scale technical operations with growth
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of software development or programming experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Expert in full-stack software development using the C# .NET framework within an MVC architecture
- Experience developing in a hybrid SDLC framework (agile, iterative, waterfall)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (Entity Framework, SQL Alchemy)
- Extensive experience building resilient RESTful APIs to collect and transfer data.
- Experience with Git for version control of collaborative coding projects.
- Experience with cloud computing integration and public cloud providers
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Experience identifying inefficient processes, then implementing and quantifying process improvements
- Independent and self-directed yet also team-oriented
- Must be well-organized and able to multi-task.
- Excellent at setting and meeting deadlines with the ability to work well under tight time constraints.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple large evolving projects simultaneously within deadlines.
- Understand and anticipate risks/dependencies across various deliverables
- Perform quality audits, develop formal processes/documentation and champion continuous improvement efforts
- Mastery in software engineering tools (IDE’s, productivity enhancers)
- Experience developing microservices
- Experience using automated testing frameworks
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes