We're recruiting for a direct hire Sr SAP Data Analyst spot for our client with headquarters in Atlanta.
This job can be 100% remote and we will only consider US Citizens or Green Card holders.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that lives and breathes data!
You will be responsible for curating our primary group Data Hub, and thus providing the data needed to enable the success of our regional teams of business intelligence analysts and analyst mavens.
This is a central core role that ensures that the data from which our organization makes decisions upon is made available in a timely manner, is secured, and is organized well.
We are looking for a problem solver and an innovative thinker to work alongside our lean and agile team.
There is no doubt that wrangling data is a complicated business, we are seeking those that embody our company culture of which, tries to continually solve complex problems with simple solutions.
You will not find this organization spending tens of millions of dollars on a ten-year data intelligence road map, that is simply not their style.
The role will require a lot of interaction between the various regional business intelligence analysts, these analysts are based in three key regions of Australia, USA and Europe.
Let’s be honest this means communication daily with your colleagues in these regions. A tight relationship with your regional counterparts is extremely important to be successful in this role; and yes sometimes that will mean calls outside of normal business hours. Should there be a major issue after normal business hours your time, yes absolutely you will be expected to answer the call.
You will be expected to manage your own time, if you work extra late, you need to balance out your work week by working less on another day.
Not only will you need to work closely with internal people, the same goes for key hosting partners who host these critical systems.
These partners are more than just vendors, they are a real part of the heart of the company.
This is an important hands-on role, you are an enabler to regional teams without which business intelligence function stops.
- Partner with the regional Business Intelligence Analysts, to understand the data requirements of their regions; and to prioritize work or align data projects group wide. Good communication and good relationships are key.
- Partner with key hosting partners, to build close relationships. They like to think of the hosting partners as an extension of the internal team.
- As Data Services is the primary ETL tool, you will be responsible for performing all development within this tool, in a manner consistent with the software development lifecycle.
- The central Data Hub is an SAP Hana DB. You will be responsible for the development of calculation views, management of user accounts, and smart data access to federate with other data sources.
- One of the main BI platforms is Business Objects. You will be responsible for performing all development work on Universes, in a manner consistent with the software development lifecycle.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of cross-functional business processes (ERP and other) to support data initiatives.
- Work alongside or with members of the ERP rollout team to ensure any legacy data is stored in a manner compatible with the Data Hub.
- Develop a rigorous process of data acquisition and management.
Technical Skills – Required
- Extensive working experience with SAP Data Services, Business Objects Universe design and SAP Hana Database.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL is needed.
- Knowledge of other database platforms such as Amazon Redshift, MSSQL, DB2, Progress is desirable.
- Experience with SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP SLT, SAP CTS+, Hana data aging and SAP ERP is desirable.
- Project Management Skills.
Personal Qualities & Non-Technical Skills – Required
- Multi-tasking: Ability to handle multiple tasks at any one time and prioritize effectively.
- Accuracy: Ability to ensure information, facts and figures are accurate and free from mistakes.
- Sense of Urgency: Ability to respond as needed within appropriate timeframe.
- Problem Solving: Analytical thinker with ability to solve problems and seek support/help when needed.
- Organization: Ability to organize effectively.
- Team-Player: Ability to work both within and across teams to ensure work is completed with appropriate input from others.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions on work issues that impact the successful completion of tasks.
- Focus: Ability to work calmly & effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Customer Service: focused with demonstrable ‘soft skills’ and empathy with user’s issues.
- Delivery: Delivery focused with a commitment to get the job done.
- Extra Mile: Going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations.
- Communication Skills: Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Education: Bachelors in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 5+ years