We are recruiting for a P&C Client Services Representative for our Rochester client. We are looking for an energetic professional to help a rapidly growing P&C department through value- based conversations and exceptional customer experience. This position serves as a support link for the sales team while upholding the company goal of a high level of customer service to all clients by functioning as a team player. If you are a motivated self-starter who feels comfortable in a fast-paced environment, then this is your opportunity for a rewarding career with growth potential
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide prompt, accurate, and professional customer service.
- Respond to inquiries promptly regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification;
- Update agency management system to reflect all client information;
- Maintain a strong work ethic and personal initiative with a total commitment to success each day;
- Prepare client proposals and spreadsheets;
- Gather materials and prepare informational packets for client meetings;
- Have direct communication with small group businesses and carriers in order to assist clients;
- Review underwriting, assist with enrollment documentation at the carrier level; Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Active Property & Casualty New York License
- 2+ years of experience in the commercial lines/workers' compensation field; Familiarity with insurance terminology – both commercial (primary) and personal; High School diploma or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Outlook, Word;
- Must have strong attention to detail and possess an analytical, research-oriented mind set; Maturity in dealing with sensitive and confidential information is a must;
- Proficient mathematical skills and precise data entry skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain an effective workday schedule; Ability to work effectively within a team and independently;
- The ability to build relationships with clients and other company contacts; Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of Vertafore AMS360 Software is strongly preferred;
- General understanding of Payroll Integrated Billing;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent; 3+ years' experience in the Property & Casualty Insurance field.