We're recruiting for a direct hire Principal QA Engineer/Architect to work remotely for our healthcare client.
This is technical but also a role that requires great communication and negotiation skills to work across different levels of a nationwide company and with off shore teams in India.
There are NO direct reports for this job.
Salary around $140k and we can only accept US Citizens or Green Card holders.
Job Title: Principal QA Engineer
Candidate would be a Test Architect/Leader for product platform (to support both MedFusion and Virtual Visits).
This person will help with Quality & Test strategy across products and distributed teams, ensure E2E testing across the product(s) and work with distributed QA teams
Candidate will work with a core team involved in developing a web application using cloud technologies (AWS) service-oriented architecture and Angular UI.
In this role, he/she will be required to provide technical leadership as a Test Architect and Senior member of the QA team as well as serve as a key cross functional liaison/technical coordinator within R&D and Solutions organizations
- He/she has to understand the requirements, Design Database Test Strategy, Review and Improve Automation for Product Regression Suite, Support Web Application & API Testing.
- Should be a self-starter with a passion for problem solving in a fast-paced dynamic Agile software environment.
- He/She must have deep technical knowledge and be able to provide technical solutions to day-to-day problems.
- He/She should be able to work in a matrix organizational environment and continually influence and work through others to get things done.
- Work closely with the architects, developers and business solutions team to develop and drive test strategy and plans.
- Ensure quality for our customers by validating Functionality, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability in our solutions
- Provide leadership, performance feedback, mentoring, and coordinate discussions, plans and deliver in a cross-geography setup
- Create and execute test strategy, test plans/scripts for better quality and efficiency for products
- Must be well versed with non-functional testing -- Performance testing, Test Automation and Security Testing
- Assist functional leadership to help build the core competencies of the team members.
- Able to prioritize, train and guide team and work effectively across teams
- Designs and reviews Automation frameworks working within standards
- Does PoCs for new tools and techniques which would help the team to improve quality and efficiency
- Gain deep knowledge in product lines and Troubleshoot issues independently in a timely manner.
- Perform Code Reviews and Design Reviews.
- Independently work with the team in planning, outlining the tasks involved in a project and executing tasks
- Independently determine most effective engineering solutions to meet business requirements.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a 100% remote team environment
- Work with the Dev/RE Team to determine test plans and procedures.
- Independently work/support in Agile Environment
- Excellent Communication Skills and has to be a team player
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders in the planning, scoping and design of software applications that delivers maximum value to our customers.
- Inform Management Team of testing status and provide final go/no-go recommendations from Quality perspective
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 9+ years of Software Testing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience using automated test tools for Functional and/or Performance, Scalability, and testing using JMeter, Load Runner, APM tools, Logging tools, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in UI and API testing for modern web applications
- Experience with API tools like Postman, Soap UI
- Experience with Database testing -- SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Strong knowledge in Selenium and/or white and Test Automation
- Tested the software as part of a larger project that involved continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience working in an Agile environment with good understanding of SDLC, Defect Life Cycle, etc
- Experience working with JIRA
- Work with concerned parties in defining and rolling out new practices, processes, approaches and helping the team come up to speed on them.
- Establish successful results working in a high demand and fast-paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.