We’re recruiting for a Java/Voice, Direct hire role for our Rochester, NY client.
Our client lives for innovation! Their technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology.
Their intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by its own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow them to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
What We Need
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified?
Do feel as you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply!
You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the band!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer (Voice) who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on our software development team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do:
- You’re gonna write great code and lots of it
- You’ll be a senior member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts
- You’ll collaborate with, and support peers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft
What You’ll Need
- If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- While years of experience is an imperfect measure, you’ve probably been a software engineer for 6+ years
- You have deep expertise in Java and the Java technology ecosystem
- You’re passionate about writing testable code, and your non-complex test automation proves it
- You have experience designing web services and service-oriented architectures
- You know IP networking, web protocols, and REST
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational database systems
- You’re passionate about the craft of software engineering
- Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really great if also:
- You know SIP and have built SIP applications before
- You have deep experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes