We're recruiting for a direct hire Software Engineer for our Rochester client.
Only Rochester candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders
This is NOT a REMOTE/Work-From-Home job.....You will need to work onsite to have access to the clients products.
Full Job Description
The senior full stack software engineer is a developer familiar with leading a team of engineers building large scale, performant, cloud-based web applications. Utilizing web application frameworks like Angular and possessing an understanding of database development techniques, the senior engineer is also expected to design, develop, deploy, and maintain software that meets the standards and expectations of the company.
The candidate should be high energy, familiar with Agile development principles, a good communicator, and willing to use innovative and cutting-edge technologies to build world class software for the Health IT sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and display the company values
- Be a part of a cross-functional project team to deliver software projects that meet stakeholders’ & customers’ expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Design, develop, document, deploy, and maintain software artifacts.
- Think outside-the-box to find new and innovative ways to solve complex data problems.
- Expert level understanding of web application frameworks (Angular ver. 10 or similar)
- Experience teaching and mentoring junior developers in areas of coding standards, best practices, and the development life cycle
- Advanced working knowledge of Typescript and Node.js
- Proficient with database development principles, data architecture and performance tuning.
- Understanding of relational database systems like PostgreSQL and MySQL. Background in big data analytics and MPP systems like Redshift a plus.
- Strong background in development methodologies including use of CI/CD and testing frameworks (Jest, other)
- Working knowledge of microservice/serverless development principles.
- Experience working in the AWS cloud architecture with knowledge of services like S3, CloudFront, RDS, Lambda, and others.
- Familiar with development and communication tools (Atlassian suite and GitLab preferable)
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, innovative, attention to details
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent working experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience