We're recruiting for a direct hire Database Scientist for our Rochester client.
Only Rochester candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders
This is NOT a REMOTE/Work-From-Home job.....You will need to work onsite to have access to the clients products.
Full Job Description
The data scientist role is responsible for delivering concepts and solutions to the business in the space of advanced analytics, predictive analytics, and machine learning/artificial intelligence (ML/AI). Using various programming languages, data warehouses, and complex data sets, one should be able to define new ways to produce business insights that can be built into the company’s application to benefit customers in the HealthIT industry.
The candidate should be high energy, familiar with Agile development principles, a good communicator, and willing to use innovative and cutting-edge technologies to build world class software for the Health IT sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and display the company values
- Analyze datasets associated with business and conceptualize innovative ways to model that data for deeper insights
- Uses data science and analytical techniques to create data-driven solutions for various business use-cases
- Strong desire and passion for digging into data and problem solving
- Be a part of a cross-functional project team to deliver software projects that meet stakeholders’ & customers’ expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Design, develop, document, deploy, and maintain database artifacts.
- Think outside-the-box to find new and innovative ways to solve complex data problems.
- Expert level understanding of data warehousing and data analytics
- Background working with machine learning (ML) models and systems
- Experience with programming and statistical software development (Python, R, similar)
- Previous experience working in the data analytics, predictive analytics, mathematics, statistics, or similar fields
- Extensive background with relational database systems like PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience working on the AWS cloud platform
- Familiar with development and communication tools (Atlassian suite and GitLab preferable)
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, innovative, attention to details
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience