We're recruiting for a direct hire Sr Database Engineer/Architect for our Rochester client.
Only Rochester candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders
This is NOT a REMOTE/Work-From-Home job.....You will need to work onsite to have access to the clients products.
Full Job Description
The senior database engineer is a developer familiar with building large scale, performant, cloud-based databases. The candidate should be an expert in data integration, analytics, performance tuning and warehousing. They will be expected to design, develop, deploy, and maintain software that meets the standards and expectations of the company.
The candidate should be high energy, familiar with Agile development principles, a good communicator, and willing to use innovative and cutting-edge technologies to build world class software for the Health IT sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and display the company values
- Be a part of a cross-functional project team to deliver software projects that meet stakeholders’ & customers’ expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Design, develop, document, deploy, and maintain database artifacts.
- Think outside-the-box to find new and innovative ways to solve complex data problems.
- Expert level understanding of data warehousing and data analytics
- In depth knowledge of data architecture and performance tuning especially as it relates to SaaS reporting applications.
- Experience working with data integration, ETL/ELT, and data flow best practices.
- Extensive background with relational database systems like PostgreSQL and MySQL. Background in big data analytics and MPP systems like Redshift a plus.
- Experience working in the AWS cloud architecture with knowledge of services like RDS, Lambda, S3, and others.
- Familiar with development and communication tools (Atlassian suite and GitLab preferable)
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, innovative, attention to details
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent working experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience