We're recruiting for a direct hire Staff Engineer for our Rochester client.
Only Rochester candidates who are US Citizens or Green Card holders
This is NOT a REMOTE/Work-From-Home job.....You will need to work onsite to have access to the clients products.
The staff engineer is a senior developer with expertise in building large scale, performant, cloud-based web applications. The role will entail guiding full stack engineers, data architects and administrators, and quality assurance engineers in best practices for AWS development. They will also work directly with the Principal Engineer on determining the technical roadmap and building plans for the long-term success and stability of the platform.
The candidate should be high energy, familiar with Agile development principles, a good communicator, and willing to use innovative and cutting-edge technologies to build world class software for the Health IT sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and display the company values
- Provide technical strategy and solutions that follow architectural best practices
- Design, develop, document, deploy, and maintain software artifacts.
- Be a part of a cross-functional project team to deliver software projects that meet stakeholders’ & customers’ expectations
- Expert level knowledge with AWS design, architecture, and services (Lambda, S3, Event Bridge, API Gateway, IAM, others)
- Expert level understanding of web application development (Angular, Node.js, Typescript)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, TerraForm, similar)
- Expert level understanding of web application frameworks (Angular ver. 10 or similar)
- Experience teaching and mentoring junior developers
- Proficient with database development principles, data architecture and performance tuning.
- Understanding of relational database systems like PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Strong background in development methodologies including use of CI/CD and testing frameworks (Jest, other)
- Working knowledge of microservice/serverless development principles.
- Familiar with development and communication tools (Atlassian suite preferable)
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, innovative, attention to details
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent working experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience