We’re recruiting for a fulltime/direct hire IT Service Delivery Manager skilled is ITSM and ITIL certified for our Rochester, NY client.
This will be remote but the client prefers people who will be able to go into the Rochester offices periodically, likely a couple times/month.
The IT Service Management (ITSM) Process Manager is a subject matter expert responsible for the daily oversight and governance of the ITSM process framework and related functions.
This role ensures all aspects of ITSM adhere to the highest operational and compliance standards.
This position requires a keen focus on customer experience, operational stability, and service delivery.
Reporting to the Director of IT Service & Strategy, this position serves as part of an IT Service Delivery team that works in close partnership with Technology staff to drive operational excellence and continual improvement.
ITSM Service Delivery:
- Be instrumental in the development and implementation of ITSM processes, governance models, metrics, measurements, and integration of processes. with overall accountability for process design, execution, and continual improvement.
- Define and lead ITSM process improvement (short and long term) roadmaps to align IT to facilitate business outcomes.
- Ensure that systems, procedures, and methodologies are in place to support outstanding service delivery
ITSM Process Management:
- Define, develop, document, and implement the processes & procedures and drive effective implementation and management of the following management practices:
- Service Level Management
- Service Request Management
- Continual Improvement
- Service Design.
Continual Improvement Management:
- Oversee and support ITSM continuous improvement initiatives and implement enhancements based on clearly defined metrics and associated KPI's.
- Proactively seek opportunities to drive increased self-service adoption and other shift-left initiatives.
- Ensure efficient and effective integration between assigned process areas and other related ITSM process areas (e.g. Knowledge, Change, Configuration Management, etc.)
Performance & Reporting Management:
- Providing accurate and regular reports to the management on performance of the service delivery.
- Taking accountability for service delivery performance, meeting customer expectations, and driving future demand.
- Analyzing internal processes and creating strategies for service delivery optimization. Maintaining high performance levels for service-related processes and implementing improvement activities wherever necessary.
- Administrative functions including change control, time away management, system documentation, contribution to standard operating procedures, and in-service and training.
- 7-10 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- ITIL v3 Expert Level and/or ITIL 4 Managing Profession + Strategic Leader
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Operational ability in a diverse, large-scale environment
- In-depth knowledge of escalation procedures, incident management, and other disciplines related to service delivery
- Mastery of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) principles
- Expertise in people management and leadership
- Strong organizational skills
- Capacity to train and guide junior team members
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Solid resource planning and problem-solving skills
- Readiness to demonstrate a proactive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer-facing skills