We're recruiting for a direct hire, on site, Web Development Manager for our client in Fenton, MO.
Salary around $125k.
We can only work with US Citizen or Green Card holders.
This will require some on site work.
The Web Development Manager is responsible for directing and guiding the activities of the Web Development Team to ensure the success of all web-related projects by managing the areas of architecture, project management, development, user interface design, release management and quality assurance.
This role is also responsible for new and legacy site product releases, maintenance and support.
This individual also creates and maintains technology at the back end of e-commerce websites, web applications and other websites for the client.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the Web Development Team consisting of contract and FTE resources
- Assess and ensure proper resource allocation leading recruitment and hiring of staff, as needed
- Conduct performance management and career development processes and provides input for staffing and disciplinary actions
- Provide hands-on training to staff, as well as leadership and guidance by acting as a mentor and coach to the team
- Act as the project manager liaison with other project stakeholders
- Oversee end-to-end technical delivery of company’s web sites
- Establish and maintain the necessary benchmarks for successful product releases
- Manage quality assurance testing
- Own, maintain and publish web site product roadmaps and timelines estimates
- Maintain all web sites to established corporate standards
- Ensure all designs are in compliance with specifications
- Maintain awareness of security policies for all sites
- Lead daily stand-ups in SCRUM / Agile development environment
- Communicate and participate in cross departmental activities
- Design and implement best practice development methodologies staying up to date on current best practices and new technologies
- Collaborate with product marketing and other stakeholders to keep projects moving quickly and efficiently
- Develop and manage e-commerce website platforms and applications
- Participate and be involved in overall application lifecycle
- Update website features and security patches as needed
- Analyze, design, code, debug, test, document & deploy applications
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used into the future
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean code
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- At least 3 years of management experience
- At least 2 years of relevant developer experience preferably in similar industry
- Proven ability to provide strategic direction for ecommerce programs and website enhancements
- Successfully launched one or more new websites, ecommerce sites, microsites, mobile marketing, social marketing and social commerce programs
- Experience with SaaS-based technology products; Magento a plus
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver solid business results
- Experience with modules/extensions development/customization, theme integration/customization, API creation/customization
- Experience in troubleshooting integration issues
- Extensive experience of PHP and MySQL
- This role has 1-5 direct reports.