Title: Data Architect
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Primarily Virtual / Remote, periodic travel to Rochester, NY possible
Role: Leads the standard of a common business vocabulary, expresses strategic data requirements, drives high-level data model / ontologies, design and integration patterns, align with enterprise strategy and related business architectures, all in support of clinical operations and research business needs.
Required Skills :
- Strong data warehouse experience in MSFT SQL Server and Integration Services.
- Expert in data modeling and specifically dimensional modeling concepts and principles.
- Demonstrated experience in leading data modeling requirements, design, development and unit / integrated testing in at least one large data warehousing initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to iterate between logical and physical data models.
- Strong experience in using standard data modeling tools and practices.
- Strong experience in implementing DataMarts and ODSs (Operation Data Stores).
- Strong experience in SQL Server performance tuning and optimization.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing metadata management systems.
- Strong experience in implementing a data lake / unstructured data processing.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing security / access models.
- Strong experience in applying information management principles and concepts.
- Very strong applied experience in EPIC Caboodle, Clarity and related development tools.
- Experience with clinical and/or revenue cycle data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other architects and lead resources.
- Scrum/agile experience.
Preferred Skills :
- Applied experience in implementing OMOP (Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership) CDM (Common Data Model) database and underlying data integration patterns
- Experience implementing Denodo data virtualization at enterprise scale
- Background in designing Virtual Data warehouse solutions, possible using the Denodo toolset.
- Experience in both on-premise and cloud implementations a plus.
- Strong experience in SQL Server environment sizing, installation, configuration required.
- Version control tools
- Clinical research or academic research environment experience
- Experience in enterprise scheduler integration inside and outside of Microsoft platforms.
- Experience in both full (batch) and incremental (trickle) ETL/ELT design patterns.
Nice To have Skills:
- Basic understanding of HIPAA Privacy and Security – preferred
- R / Python Programming – preferred.
- Data quality/cleansing/standardization – preferred
- Statistical analysis (SAS, SPSS, Matlab, R, Mathematica) – preferred
Education : Bachelor’s Degree
Experience : Minimum of 10 years in data warehousing