We're recruiting for a direct hire on site role for our Charlotte, NC client.
They are searching for a Director of Application Development with expereise in Oracle EBS R12.
Only considering US Citizens or Green Card holdersin the Charlotte, NC area.
Compensation: Base - $150K plus profit sharing of 25 - 30% of base.
The Director of Application Development, as part of the shared service Information Technology team, is responsible for the business/technology enablement in support of a multi-national distribution company.
He/she will be tasked with the delivery of technology solutions, as an enabler of strategic business objectives and provide project management as well as technical direction and leadership to the application development team. In doing so, he/she will oversee project planning, resource assignment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed meeting schedule, budget, and quality objectives.
Partnering closely with the business and Infrastructure team, the Director ensures business needs are clearly defined, business/technology solutions meet those needs and expectations, and comply with Enterprise Architecture guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitates and fosters relationships between business and IT by serving as the first-point of contact for the business on new opportunities/requirements, and managing the expectations through the Project Prioritization process.
- Collaborate, assess, and recommend appropriate technologies/solutions to fulfill business requirements and deliver projects on time and budget and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manage the creation of project plans, resource allocations and all project deliverables. Provide leadership of staff to develop high levels of performance and team engagement while delivering quality results in established timelines.
- Oversee the design, development, support and testing activities related to the delivery of internal application systems as well as integration of third-party applications and services. Directing team(s) through all software development phases by ensuring that teams adhere to company methodology, policies, standards, and controls.
- Establish external vendor relationships and take appropriate action when external vendors do not meet their service level commitments as measured by individual contracts or Statements of Work.
- Responsible for all staff-related functions, including the establishment and tracking of metrics related to key performance objectives and service levels. Coach development team members to achieve their performance potential.
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices to ensure that skill set/knowledge base remains broad and current.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field and 10+ years of experience in corporate management, project management, or IT consulting
- 5+ years of work experience and demonstrable knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite Version R12
- Strong Application Design and Development background with a proven track record managing and supporting N-tier application development environments, utilizing web technologies, client-server technologies and RDBMS
- Strong project management and team management skills with 5+ years of experience in various software development life cycles (SDLC) methodologies and managing operational and/or project financial budgets
- 5+ years of work experience and demonstrable knowledge of managing third party IT vendor(s) and/or software solution provider(s)
Physical & Mental Requirements
- A self-starter, with a passion for technology and a curiosity and comfort challenging the norm
- Strong desire to understand business challenge, and deliver agile solutions through innovative pilots
- Strong communicator, knows how to translate raw data into business insights and action plans
- Ability to influence cross functional teams
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Willing to travel 10-20%
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role of a large matrixed organization