Title: Production/QA Engineer
Pay Rate: $29-$41 ($60k-$85k)
We are looking for someone who has experience in a manufacturing and/or depot environment.
The ideal candidate would be a person who is looking for the opportunity to create quality processes from the ground up as, over the last 18 months, the client has converted from a predominately depot repair organization to a predominately product assembly organization.
We are looking for someone who has experience with implementing quality and manufacturing processes as we need to remodel our environment to fit our remodeled organization.
- As a member of a highly motivated global team that manufacturers document scanners, the Production Engineer will act as the primary liaison between Development Engineering and Manufacturing.
- In this capacity, the candidate will provide direct engineering support to local manufacturing floor personnel.
- Implement newly commercialized products or changes in Manufacturing.
- Represent Manufacturing on product commercialization teams ensuring Manufacturing and Depot readiness.
- Sign off and coordinate implementation of all ECOs (Engineering Change Orders) for Rochester Manufacturing.
- Create and maintain Manufacturing Sequence of Events and ISO related documents.
- Collect and report on Manufacturing metrics data.
- Participate in ISO audits.
- Coordinate and track Change Requests and Problem Reports for local manufacturing.
- Work with Worldwide Manufacturing Quality and various manufacturing sites to coordinate actions.
- Maintain latest firmware and software versions for all products supported in Rochester Manufacturing.
- Implement process, quality and reporting improvements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Firm understanding of various manufacturing processes across the entire range of equipment components, including plastic and metal parts made by various manufacturing processes, circuit boards, harnesses, packaging, documentation, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to distill and communicate complex data in a clear and simplified manner to aid in decision making.
- Quality conscious with an attention to detail and ability to follow through and deliver as per agreed upon commitments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, across cultures and organizational boundaries.
- Proficiency in developing work instructions for assembly and test.
- Familiarity with Phase/Gate Processes for product commercialization
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing principles and optimizing production lines.
- Must be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must be organized, be able to multi-task effectively and prioritize project work.
- Proficiency with computer software tools such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent related field.- or - 1-5 years of experience in Production Engineering, Product Development, Manufacturing or other related experience, 5+ years desired