We're recruiting for a REMOTE 6 Month contract to Hire role that requires very good skills in SQL along with expereince in Supply Chain.
We can only accept US Citizens or green Card holders.
Job Title: Supply Chain/ERP Project Technical Application Lead Analyst
Division/Function: Info Systems
Grade Level: 55
Reports To: Project Director, IT Supply Chain Management/ERP Project
As a member of the Supply Chain ERP project team, the Technical Application Lead Analyst provides support for the more complex technical issues and initiatives related to large-scale strategic projects, including applications, systems, databases and/or other technical products and services.
This position will interact with multiple disciplines of the medical center and its affiliated hospitals including, but not limited to Clinical, Financial and Business Operations and IT vendor partners ensure data integrity, integration and reporting needs are met.
- This includes diagnostic, simulation and other tools to maintain, troubleshoot and restore service or data to application systems.
- The role acts as an internal technology consultant regarding use of tools and processes and evaluates service level agreement criteria.
- Identifies gaps in current technology processes and recommends changes to assure SLAs can be supported.
- Oversees complex migrations from design, development to production, upgrades, installations and/or configurations.
- Collaborates internally with Information Systems employees to ensure automation, reliability, data integrity, security, performance and reporting needs are met for all points of integration in adherence with URMC and UR Policies and strategy.
Primary goals of the position are to:
- Technical design, analysis, troubleshooting, documentation and advising in support of enterprise-wide business critical applications
- Evaluate, design or review queries to extract data, create standard databases, or perform limited programming to fine tune systems supported
- Analyze performance trends, capture and report metrics and recommend process improvements.
- Assesses changes for risk to production systems and assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
- Create, update and test the business continuation plan.
- Provide technical recommendations to team or project members in a technology organization.
- Manage tasks and/or project resources.
- Provide technical direction and monitor work progress and adherence to technical process controls/standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced analysts and to non-technical, operations’ customers.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Serving as the Technical Lead for the IT /ERP project team.
- As part of the day to day operations, supporting the application and related EDI and interfaces, in a 24/7 enterprise.
- Oversees and develop business continuity planning exercises and configuration management
- Responsible for leading patching, application updates, security vulnerabilities, compliance requirements and vendor system upgrades
- Analyzes workflows and maps out proposed changes.
- As Technical advisor, performs analysis, evaluates IT solution design and contributes to implementation planning of technical solutions
- Analyzes IT requirements specification and assessment of potential vendor solutions or existing tools
- Presents recommendations to Project Director and key stakeholders.
- Works with vendor and stakeholders to analyze pros and cons of design alternatives to present sound technical recommendations and rationale based on the architecture trade-offs (scalability, reliability, reusability, maintainability, etc.).
- Stays abreast of industry best practices, technologies, architectures, trends, emerging technologies and develop Proof-Of-Concept projects
- Consult with application teams regarding questions and requests for service for various reporting applications and tools related to ERP and data management such as SSRS, SSIS, Tableau, BOE-Crystal.
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS and OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
- Monitor queues in Service Now and IT vendor ticketing for business and operations support to insure timely acknowledgement and service level commitments.
- Respond promptly to all problems keeping in mind the computing environment supports a user community that requires access to critical patient care and business information 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Provide on call support as needed for business continuity and operations
- Perform periodic reviews of security and access to data sources.
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies related retention, HIPAA and PII privacy and security for patient and personal data.
- When necessary, respond to critical problems in person and remain on-site until the problem is resolved and all operating system / database components impacted are available and accessible.
SOLUTIONS DESIGN, EVALUATION and TESTING
- Observes and documents existing workflows and practices
- Meets with stakeholders to understand business needs and objectives
- Analyses and translates vendor design into a functional plan by taking into consideration the vendors technical recommendations combined with system standards, strategy and capabilities.
- Partners with the assigned leaders and Project manager to ensure technical work is completed within budget and timeline.
- Helps ensure the operational platforms and associated interfacing data and systems have been properly architected from an end-to-end perspective to meet the functional and non-functional needs of the business
- Performs process and flow design and review
- Assess needs then defines and provides effective and proven solutions for clinical/business/operations processes
- Documents and tests standards and best practices for the technical design and implementation of enterprise solutions.
- Perform a high level of complex thinking from an operations/continuity point of view in order to properly assess, define and provide effective and proven solutions for clinical/business/operations processes.
- Perform process and flow design and review.
- Maintain a current knowledge of technology and an advanced level of software skills through self-study programs, reading technical journals, attending job related seminars, and personal development conferences that develop and strengthen technical as well as inter-personal skills.
- Function as a technical and analytical mentor for team members
- Develop and maintain operating and database software documentation that is necessary to support the products installed.
- Maintain an awareness of current projects and deadlines and assign priorities as required. Complete projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of projects, which includes the design and execution of acceptance test plans to ensure a successful implementation.
- Perform thorough testing of own, other team members’ or vendor developed solutions.
- Develop system documentation for all developed processes, including design and technical specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Sciences or equivalent;
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Solutions
- 4-5 years of technical IT level experience in a healthcare, higher education, business or financial services setting including automated systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 years of experience in IT and/or healthcare
- 2-3 years of IT project management experience or related experience supervising or providing IT Technical consulting.
- 2- 3 years’ experience with ERP Systems Allscripts, Meditech, Workday SCM, P2P or Financial systems preferred
- 3 years of experience as a developer in areas such as software/application, database administration, interfaces/integration, reporting/Solutions, or data warehousing
- 4-5 years of experience with query/reporting tools, online analytical processing (OLAP) and/or data discovery tools
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies/trends and products and summarize for presentation to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of cloud and on-premise installations of tools and infrastructure
- Strong understanding and application of office productivity tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage resources and time effectively
- Experience working with Supply Chain and healthcare operations (clinical or revenue cycle)
- Excellent technical, communication (written and verbal), presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- SQL experience (MSSQL Server)
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Management Studio and Visual Studio
- Advanced SQL skills with focus on SSIS, T-SQL for MSSQL Server, and working knowledge of C# and scripting languages and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework and Processes in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of SDLC practices with focus on agile development, systems/process orientation