Job Title: Senior Electronic Hardware Engineer
Department: Hardware Engineering
Location: Fairport NY, USA
This is a direct hire, permanent position.
Target base compensation is $110,000/year.
This position would be required to report into the Fairport office, combined with some remote work from home.
Target start date is immediate, once a suitable candidate is confirmed
As a Senior Electronic Hardware Engineer, you will:
- Design, document, and develop new features and functionality, as well as support the existing products of RailComm’s industry leading control and communications hardware systems.
- Perform make vs. buy analysis for needed products and functionality
- When procured from third party manage the definition and entire life-cycle engineering of the product
- Manage relationships with component and service suppliers for HW solutions
- Work closely with the SW development team on functionality, interfaces, embedded SW, and systems integration
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure robust, reliable, and safe HW systems.
- Work closely with applications and customer support teams to understand use cases and support the application of the product.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience with HW systems design
- Experience with microprocessor control systems and embedded SW; including embedded Linux and Python development environment
- Knowledge of various synchronous and asynchronous communications protocols
- Knowledge of contemporary hardware design and development technologies and practices
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with internal and external customers
- Self-starter, hands-on, with excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Railroad or industrial control systems experience
- Programming (C++, C#) & database experience