Lead Electrical Engineer
Customer Projects· Rochester, New York
We are looking for a driven Electrical Engineering professional with a strong Analog and Digital Electrical Engineering background to work on innovative product designs!
As a key member of our product development team, you will be taking the lead on designing and developing electronic boards for Defense & Security products and customer programs in our R-PNT (Resilient Positioning, Navigation, and Timing) portfolio. Specifically, this means guaranteeing the reliability, safety, robustness, and lifetime of our product designs. You enjoy designing board level circuitry that is robust and resilient in an agile environment with the opportunity to design HDL-based SoC hardware architectures. You can develop unique solutions to extend legacy hardware functionality or do clean sheet board level development for new designs in a fast-paced environment.
We’re the world leader in Resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing (R-PNT) solutions that improve the reliability, performance, and safety of critical high-risk operations, even in GPS/GNSS denied environments. We provide virtually fail-safe GNSS and PNT solutions for military and commercial applications worldwide. We do pretty remarkable things!
How I will Contribute:
- Designs and develops the analog, digital, processor and power supply subsystems for our products, selecting appropriate technologies and components.
- Owns technological solutions to implement designs and supports the product development, quality, and manufacturing teams throughout the design lifecycle.
- Develops schematics with OrCAD schematic capture, uses simulation tools for definition and integrity checks.
- Ensures reliability, robustness and safety of new products during development, specifically related to reliability plans, lifetime estimation plans, failure mitigation plans, FMEA, etc.
- Proposes and develops new techniques and processes for ensuring product quality and consistency.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 7+ years experience in a related role with experience with Cadence or Mentor graphics design suite, MTBF, FMEA/FMECA, and electronic manufacturing tools, processes, and methods.
- Strong experience with analog and digital electronics, test and measurement, industrial processes and methods, reliability, safety, and Design for Test/Design for Manufacturability.
- Experience with design and development of digital hardware PCB from schematic to PCB layout.
- RF design experience and familiarity with RF digital signal chain a plus.
- Synthesizer experience with phase noise solutions 10-100mhz range a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of VHDL, implementing IP on Xilinix and/or Altera FPGA’s and SoCs.
- Knowledge of high-speed board-level design, logic design, schematic entry, PCB layout, timing analysis, verification, and integration.
- Knowledge of or experience with project management a plus.
- Ability to think conceptually and communicate cross functionally.
- Ability to collaborate globally and be innovative.
- Ability to be agile and have fun!
Some of “the Good Stuff”:
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Retirement Program with Employer Match
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Career Development
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fun culture