Server Infrastructure Group Manager
Fulltime salary at $110k
They have 1 large team (21 server admins) now and the director wants to break it into 2 teams, so there are 2 manager level roles
IT Manager One (Total 9 people)
- Messaging/AD/M365 team
- Support AD, Exchange On-Perm, Exchange Online, M365
- SQL team
- Manage on-prem SQL servers
- eRecord Client Windows Server team
- Manage multiple Windows servers to support our Electronic Medical Records system
IT Manager Two (Total 12 people)
- General Windows Server administration
- VMware/Cisco UCS servers/Azure
- Enterprise Backup
- Enterprise Printing and Network File Shares
- Custom PowerShell scripts
The IT Manager, SIG reports to the Infrastructure Manager (or designee) and assists in the management of the Server Infrastructure Group. The IT Manager, SIG oversees engineering solutions and advises the teams through technical consulting. The Manager continually reviews and works to improve efficiencies around work processes, documentation, testing, gate review preparation and overall change management.
Manages a team of professional staff providing support for the respective infrastructure or application(s)
- Supervises, hires, guides, coordinates, and completes performance evaluations and performance management discussions for departmental team members, providing day to day management.
- Instructs and coaches analysts on disciplines such as service architecture, design, troubleshooting, vendor escalation and customer interaction.
- Allocates personnel, manages budgeting and billing processes for related responsibilities.
- Works with peers and team members to support cost effective information services and promote a unified systems architecture.
- Promotes information security practices to meet the requirements of secure systems, electronic commerce, and legislative acts.
- Assures quality of service delivery through expectations, oversight, and management controls.
- Instructs team members and assures best practice change and code management is followed, and supporting technical documentation is organized and maintained.
- Contributes to a world-class information technology organization, assisting in continuous process improvement initiatives and refinement of service offerings.
- Manages software contracts, service contracts, and other related delivery mechanisms used in support of objectives herein.
- Participates in an on-call support rotation as required.
- Acts as the primary IT liaison in support of co-location services and service level agreements (SLA); including Centrally provided services
- Coordinates services relevant to user needs, serving as liaison to SLA customers.
- Acts as an agent of information technology innovation.
- Keeps apprised of relevant trends and emerging needs.
- Seeks to understand opportunities and challenges from colleagues.
- Maintains current with peer institution trends.
- Proposes and implements improvements and capital projects from these concepts.
- Develops business case documentation which substantiates requests for capital and operational investments and deliver approved projects on time, within budget and with quality.
- Collaborates with IT peers to evaluate, plan, and deploy the use of technology and related processes.
- Identifies areas of improvement relating to systems, processes and delivery of services with a goal of improving service availability and usability.
- Leads infrastructure, application, and service projects based on the area of expertise
- Develops and implements project plans and resource estimates
- Manages the project resources towards achievement of established deliverables.
- Projects may include evaluation of new procedures and software.
- Serves as a technical resource to the project, as needed.
- Works with users to understand and document business requirements.
- Assists in the translation of the business requirements into configurable hardware and/or software rules.
- Serves as a technical resource
- Designs, develops, tests and implements interface programs, application configurations, enhancements, and/or customizations.
- Configures, tests, and implements business, security and data validation rules.
- Supports design, development, and configuration efforts as required by the environment.
- Participates in ongoing stabilization, support, and maintenance.
- Participates in on-call rotation and serves as an escalation point for the team.
- Completes on-call technical health checks as required.
- Leads efforts to complete internal and external audits as required.
- Interfaces with IT Leadership during emergencies or unplanned events and prepares executive level communications.
- May serve as a Unit Leader during emergencies or in absence of Manager (or designee) providing leadership and guidance to a larger response team.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Sciences or equivalent required;
- Graduate degree preferred.
- 4-5 years of management level experience in a related setting, including automated systems required or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise with virtualization technologypreferred.
- Expertise with Microsoft Server OS technologyrequired.
- Knowledge of server hardware and storage array networksrequired
- Experience with orchestration and automation toolspreferred
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS and/or Azure/M365required
- Ability to manage projectspreferred
- Ability to travel to and from Data Center facilitiesrequired.
- Ability to actively participate in a teamrequired.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet required deadlinesrequired.
- Ability to contribute both individually and provide technical leadership as part of a team
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, as appropriate, to communicate, and to process communications from others on technical changerequired.
- Ability to present technology in non-technical terms and recognize the extent to which a given audience requires thisrequired.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including outstanding verbal and written communications and ability to diffuse difficult situationsrequired
- On-call support, after-hours and weekend maintenance for implementation activities is required