This position is responsible for the management of larger and more complex IT projects assigned, providing tactical management, administration and leadership throughout project teams..
Salary range (depending on experience): $70k-$140k
- Initiates large, complex projects following the defined project management methodology by the PMO, including gathering and defining comprehensive project requirements/scope, developing project charters, project plans, budgets and schedules, determining resource requirements and forming cross-functional project teams. Follows project management methods, procedures, and quality objectives, including metrics for assessing progress and create required project documentation.
- Manages the strategic objectives that drive project initiatives, organized by a Portfolio and/or Program.
- Leads the organization by breaking down the work, to achieve the strategic objectives. Manages the related projects or workstreams, within the Program and connects the inter-dependencies across the enterprise.
- Evaluates variances from the project plans, budgets and schedules, develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and within time, cost and quality objectives as possible and keeps management and involved stockholders informed. Identifies areas of risk, monitors them throughout the project, and reports to involved stakeholders and higher management.
- Makes effective presentations to impacted project stakeholders, including business partners, IT areas and higher management during the project lifecycle.
- Evaluates and ensures project sponsor satisfaction at project completion.
- Coaches and mentors other Project Managers on project management best practices and tools.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum seven (5) years of relevant professional experience, including specialized knowledge of a discipline utilized to lead an area of our business, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PMP Certification
- Five years of relevant professional experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- IT project management experience coupled with functional work experience with the software development or infrastructure development life cycle; demonstrated subject matter expertise in the areas of communication, negotiation, problem solving, influencing, risk and issue mitigation, and leadership; experience managing multiple projects that are interconnected and will provide a conclusive result.
- Extensive experience managing IT projects,
- Experience in multiple IT disciplines including infrastructure/data center, application development, or business process improvement projects.