QA Automation Engineer
Salary range (depending on experience): $70k-$140k
- Responsible for developing and executing comprehensive tests strategies primarily for database testing.
- Responsible to design, develop and maintain new and existing manual and automation test cases, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in test regression, tests coverage and automation of newly implemented functionality, and development of tools to enable QA efficiencies.
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product life-cycles.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers in assessing applications and/or systems under consideration for purchase.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort of QA team.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Develop and maintain automated tests in Selenium, using Python, and Robot Framework
- Use GIT for version control
- Robot framework
- UI/API/Database testing
Nice to have:
- Any formal Dev experience
- Real database development/experience beyond simple queries
- Any cloud experience, AWS (obviously) would be a plus
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science or related field
- 3 plus years of experience in Scripting and Database testing.
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts -- Experienced in Data Analysis and Data Profiling is a must.
- Very strong SQL knowledge is a must -- Experience and Expert level ability to write complex SQL queries for data transformation, validation and completeness.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Python scripting skill is desired.
- Experience with development processes like TTD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) is desired.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools is desired.
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, web services, fluency with HTML, CSS/JS) is desired.