This position is primarily responsible for providing advanced server support for the corporation. The incumbent collaborates on defining Technology network plans and strategies, participates with the development of the long range infrastructure plans, consults with Technology and lines of business partners to provide appropriate network functionality. This position has a substantial impact on operations, resources and the corporation's reputation.
- Understands in detail server and network analysis, network operating systems, reporting and logging. Collaborates on defining Technology server/network plans and strategies. Participates with the development of the long range infrastructure plans.
- Consults with Technology and lines of business partners to provide appropriate server functionality. Directs resolution activities of junior staff. Consults to determine the priorities of the Technology networking project plans. Has an excellent understanding of server functionality.
- Troubleshoots and distinguishes between network, server and application issues. Has a solid understanding of server patching methodologies and vulnerabilities and resolves patching vulnerabilities and coordinates schedule. Provides server build sheets for review.
- Develops and executes test cases and scripts. Updates project diagrams and department procedures. Acts a vendor liaison for assigned systems/platforms. Works day shift but may be required after hours and weekend. Follows change control procedures, contributes to Change Control meetings and participates as required.
- Works with Technology, Project Management Office and lines of business partners. Works with vendors and external support personnel. Has an excellent ability to work with application software and lines of business partners. Has good technology project management skills. Works independently or as part of a team to achieve results.
- Has excellent knowledge of server virtualization, SANs, network operating systems, network directories, Vblock, patching, server replication and disaster recovery. Leads complex strategic initiatives, patching and infrastructure projects. Purchases, installs and supports both physical and virtual servers.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
- BA or BS
- Minimum 5 Years of Job Related Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of technology related experience with networking physical and virtual servers. Excellent knowledge of end user devices, networks, server hardware and software, infrastructure and reporting tools.
- MCSA (Microsoft), VCP (VMware), CIAE (VCE Vblock)