Help Desk Administrator
The Help Desk Administrator position is primarily responsible to ensure all employees’ help desk related concerns are attended to on a timely basis and to assist with the company’s internal and external IT infrastructure and processes. She/he will interface with all departments and all levels of management on a daily basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 support and troubleshooting for end-users, using internal ticketing system to track work and escalate when appropriate
- Provide internal end-user support and training for Windows-based desktops, software and peripherals
- Generate and update support documentation
- User on-boarding and off-boarding
- Diagnose and resolve basic network support requests, such as connecting an end user device to an SSID, checking for a valid IP address or ethernet connectivity.
- Ability to evaluate new technology for compatibility with current system, processes and procedures
- Workstation life-cycle management, including deployment, upgrades, maintenance and decommissioning
- Maintains asset tracking and IT inventory
- Basic system administration and monitoring of Windows workstations and Windows servers, both virtual and physical
- Assist with application, hardware or system rollouts as needed
- Strong technical skills with PC’s
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users with approachability and empathy
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts and protocols (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Windows 7,8 and 10 Operating Systems.
- Experience and knowledge with email system fundamentals.
- Experience with Wi-Fi technology and standards.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skill with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and interpret variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to learn and support new applications
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision or as part of a team.
- A+, Net+ or MCP certifications are a plus.
Tools & Equipment:
- PC, printer, telephone, fax machine, copier, and other office equipment.