Click column header to sort
Job Title: Python Software Engineer
Reports To: VP, Business Optimization and Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
Software Engineers are expert problem solvers. They are analytical, results-driven and love to troubleshoot. Their primary responsibilities include building software by writing code; as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance or upgrade interfaces. Resolving technical issues and improving middleware and back-end applications and processes are a primary focus for this role.
Excellent at both communication and documentation, Software Engineers direct system testing and validation procedures. They have extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life-cycle. Committed to staying abreast of the latest developments in the industry, Software Engineers use these learnings to formulate more efficient programs and improve applications. Able to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects, they have the flexibility to adapt to evolving needs of the enterprise.
The ideal Software Engineer will bring a team-player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary.
OVERARCHING JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building and maintaining software integrations 30%
- System testing and validation procedures 30%
- Root cause analysis and resolution of technical issues 20%
- System and process documentation 10%
- Planning and analysis in support of system changes 10%
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Developing ideas for new scripts or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation and or reports as requested
- Manage the software development lifecycle
- Monitor system performance
- Proactively support and participate in agency improvement/innovation initiatives
- Advises on relational database architecture and best-practices for efficient storage and retrieval.
- Writes and oversees all API data collection queries and documents the intricacies of each data source
- Advises on opportunities and best-practices to scale technical operations with growth
- Other duties as assigned
This job requires expereince with Python, GIT, Docker or Kubernetes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Software Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of software development or programming experience.
A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Must be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and possess strong organizational, communication, computer and office procedure skills – while displaying the willingness to learn and the initiative to continually develop skill sets.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- Knowledge of continuos improvement with Docker ot Kubernetes
- Ability to develop software in Python with additional skills in other languages such as C#, Java or other selected languages
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Extensive experience using APIs to collect and transfer data.
- Experience with Git for version control of collaborative coding projects.
- Experience with cloud computing integration and public cloud providers
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Experience identifying inefficient processes, then implementing and quantifying process improvements
- Independent and self-directed yet also team-oriented
- Must be well-organized and able to multi-task.
- Excellent at setting and meeting deadlines with the ability to work well under tight time constraints.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple large evolving projects simultaneously within deadlines.
- Understand and anticipate risks/dependencies across various deliverables
- Perform quality audits, develop formal processes/documentation and champion continuous improvement efforts
- Preferred Experience as a full-stack Engineer
- Mastery in software engineering tools
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes
We're working with our local client to find a remote ITS (Intelligent Traffic Systems)/Business Development Sales Manager.
Our client is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
- An individual contributor role responsible for business development strategies, action plans, and relationships to influence the specification and purchase of product offerings, software, licenses, and services within the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) traffic market. This role will have responsibility for revenue generation for smart corridors and smart intersection management.
- Identify, qualify, and develop target clients based upon their business potential, industry influence, and competency in IT-based cloud and network solutions.
- Act as an integral part of our newly developed team specializing in analytics, services and data reports & dashboards applicable to the ITS vertical.
- Generate, follow-up and win projects leads in defined region (East Coast).
- Call upon all potential specifiers, influencers, and decision-makers within assigned industry segment(s)/accounts.
- Present, discuss, adjust and follow up on technical/commercial solutions with potential specifiers, influencers, and decision-makers.
- Gather and provide feedback on product requirements, market tends, customer/end-user needs to internal stake holders.
- Ensure that all discussions with potential clients and industry function related appearance conform to stated business objectives and security system guidelines.
- Lend support in the sales process from initial contact.
- Develop and implement sales training program to bolster internal competence regarding ITS vertical.
Other Workplace Considerations:
- This role requires 50% travel within geographic region (Eastern United States).
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Marketing, or Management.
- 5+ years of experience with IT and cloud-based networks.
- 5+ years of experience in the business development of solutions, software and services-based offerings.
- 3+ years of ITS industry (IP video) experience, working with customers at a manufacturer level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IT or Computer Science
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess strong winning mentality, be highly self-motivated and have strong presentation and follow up skills.
- Good working knowledge and experience in the design and installation of IP/IT products, preferably in the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) market
- Industry affiliations and certification a plus.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
We are searching for 3 contract to direct hire Cable/Fiber installation technicians for our local client.
$15-$24/hour pay rate based on skills
· Six months experience or equivalent
· Basic understanding of cabling in a commercial building environment
· Mechanical ability to build cable pathways and install sleeves/penetrations/firestop
· Climb ladders up to 12’
· Lift up to 45 pounds
· Operate lift after proper training
· Valid driver’s license
· Dependable vehicle
· Ability to work 1st and 2nd shift as required
· Ability to work occasional out of town projects
· Minimum 2 years’ experience (same requirements as above)
· Ability to operate and interpret a certified cable tester
· Ability to terminate all network cabling
· Ability to label all outlets and patch panels in communications rooms
· Build communication rooms including racks, ladder rack, grounding
· Install fiber optic cable
· Terminate fiber (desired but not required)
· Test fiber with power meter and OTDR (desired but not required)
· Splice fiber (desired but not required)
· Work independently
· Create as built drawings
· Manage small crews
· Minimum four years’ experience
· Same skill set as two above
· Manage large projects with multiple installers
· Communicate with customer
· Track job progress
· Check in and inventory job materials
· Communicate daily with project manager
· Bring projects in on-time and in-budget
Title: SAP Basis implementation PM
Location: Rochester, NY
This would be a 6 month contract then conversion to a fulltime employee for the client at around a $95k salary.
At this time only US Citizens or Green Card holders are eligible.
This is an enterprise SAP Basis implementation/transformation effort including SAP software and the underlying infrastructure.
- Define and manage program scope, quality and schedule
- Maintains and improve PMO processes and procedures based on lessons learned.
- Collaborate with executive steering committee to identify, track and present metrics supporting business case for program.
- Evaluate technological implications and identify standard system capabilities to translate business needs to deliverable solutions.
- Break down work into manageable work packages, factoring in process, solution architecture, data dependencies, as well as interdependencies with other ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Anticipate, mitigate, and effectively manage risks, recognizing areas for improvements.
- Plan resources to make sure all the proper resources are on the team.
- Track progress and completion of work assignments & maintain project files and file structure.
- Bridge cross-functional teams and maintain strong communications across impacted and affected groups.
Background must include:
- Demonstrated experience delivering Programs & Projects following global PMI standards
- Deep understanding of SAP Basis
- Project Managing & delivering SAP projects
- Strong business process knowledge coupled with knowledge of SAP product capabilities.
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience managing projects with complex data model and data integrations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
.Net Web Application Developers
Wellington Steele is recruiting for c# .net software developers with varying amount of experience who will fit into a fun, high-energy, results-driven, team-oriented organization.
Our consultants combine exceptional technical credentials with a high degree of business acumen and effective communication skills. In this role, you will learn from experts, collaborate with key business and technical personnel to implement solutions in support of product initiatives. We utilize Agile and custom methods which value daily cooperation within and across teams above all else.
- Web Services, REST, JSON
- AJAX, REST, JSON
- XML, HTML, CSS
- MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) & Team Build
- Unit Test Frameworks
Key Technologies for .NET Developers:
- C#.NET (familiarity with ASP.NET MVC also useful)
- Experience with various frameworks (angular, vue, node, etc) is a bonus
- SQL (ssis, ssrs), RDBMS (Oracle)
- Develop and deliver software on cutting edge and growing platforms
- Build web applications using Hibernate, Spring MVC, Web Services
- Fulfill tasks as a member of an agile team, using agile practices (e.g. peer reviews and paired programming, daily stand up meetings)
- Be able to experiment with and adopt industry and team techniques (e.g. follow test-first TDD practices)
- Be able to proactively adapt to new technologies and changing requirements
- Participate in requirement and design reviews with business partners and other engineers
- Investigate and resolve issues in development, test and production environments
- Provide timely communication of status to project leaders in oral and written formats
- Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related software or computing discipline, or demonstrated job experience equating to a Bachelors Degree.
- At least one year demonstrated on-the-job programming
- Experience with Object Oriented designs and patterns
- Excellent verbal, written, time management and organizational skills
- Acceptance of personal responsibility to impact results and deliver on commitments
- Able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects
- Detail oriented, a self-starter and a strong team player
- Demonstration of self-motivation, ability to learn quickly and to apply know-how to solutions
- Ability to present technical topics to a technical or non-technical audience
- Experience and/or a willingness to work in a fast-paced Agile software development environment
- Experience or coursework in the following or related technologies:
- IDE & Enterprise source code control tools (e.g. Eclipse, MS Visual Studio)
- Web services (SOAP or REST)
- Familiarity with testing frameworks preferred (e.g. FitNesse, Selenium)
External Account Manager
San Francisco, CA or New York City
The candidate, who must be able to demonstrate sustained high performance with consistent over-achievement in similar positions, will be expected to function independently, while meeting the goals set by the management team. The Account Manager position will require one to effectively manage a complex sales cycle from lead generation to sale and then follow-on growth at each new account. The major day-to-day interactions will be with the inside sales, prospects and customers.
You must have information security sales experience to be considered for the external account manager role.
The external account manager will report to the Director of Sales.
Build and maintain a pipeline that will exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly quotas
Occasional cold calling to prop up prospect pipeline.
Coordinate on site meetings and presentations for prospects and clients
Attending prospect meetings
Manage the sale from first contact through the close and identify and win follow-on opportunities
Researching organizations and markets to develop new prospects, leads and opportunities.
Maintaining accurate Customer Relationship Management records.
Produce strategy and business plans to penetrate specific target markets.
Manage and develop new clients won to maximize both client satisfaction and revenue within defined time periods before passing client to account management for on-going management.
Achieving the sales target as set out by the business.
Experience with IT security services, especially application and network penetration testing are a major plus
Working with an internal account manager to assist in the targeting of prospects.
Generate leads through prospecting and networking
Work as part of a team with inside sales and marketing to conceive and execute lead gen campaigns
Proven experience of business to business (B2B) IT Security Sales.
Experience of selling SaaS based managed services is highly desirable.
Experience of selling to Medium to Large Enterprises.
Experience of dealing with senior decision makers – up to ‘CxO’ level.
Knowledge of high-tech sales cycles and services selling • Demonstrated ability in a strategic sales role • Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales with extended sales cycles • Basic proficiency in Salesforce.com or other CRM • Ability to listen to clients and relay their needs internally to effectively craft solutions • Ability to work independently with little oversight • High level of enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and highly self-motivated • Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
IT Security literacy – understanding of typical terms used in corporate IT Security environments.
Lead sourcing and researching.
Sales Cycle and pipeline management including.
Knowledge of CRM
Experience of Web Application Security or Vulnerability Management market is highly desirable.
Experience of Ecommerce, web development and Internet networking a plus.
Good communication and presentation skills.
Market Awareness – Able to use a wide range of available resources to research market trends and competitive information.
Time and Territory Management – Able to organise each day, week and month to maximise client contact.
Consultative, solution selling approach – Ability to use advanced questioning techniques to uncover relevant needs across a prospects business.
Building the commercial argument – Understanding of strategy and proposition to the market and ability to tailor the benefits to present specific commercial benefits to the client. Ability to clearly explain ROI.
Going the extra mile – Always looking to proactively exceed the client’s expectations.
Solving business problems – constantly looking for innovative ways of solving customer needs.
Achieving Targets – proven track record at achieving targets, a desire and capability to continue to push beyond 100%.
Accurate Forecasting – An understanding of the business pipeline to provide accurate forecasting.