Click column header to sort
We’re working with our local client to find a 12 month contract to direct hire Web/UI Front-End Developer with angular skills in an AWS environment.
Only local Rochester candidates who are US Citizens or green Card holders will be considered.
As the Front-End Web Developer, you will combine the art of design with the art of programming and will be responsibilities for the translation of the UI/UX design to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will also work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. Angular and AWS is the preferred technology stack.
- Experience with Angular 2+
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience writing front-end integration and unit tests.
- Experience with JSON-based web APIs.
- Well versed in best practices for front-end development.
- Knowledgeable in front-end architectural and code patterns.
- A comprehensive understanding of the HTTP request/response lifecycle.
Equipment Installation Technicians (20-25/hr+)
2 positions available
$20-25/hr with A LOT of overtime expected
This is for a 5 week assignment located in Dayton Ohio with follow up projects to come, but for right now this is a 5 week assignment. I need someone who is mechanically inclined, use basic hand tools, work up to 20 feet on a ladder of boom, and follow basic schematics and instructions. You will need to be available for the entirety of the 5 week project. I really need someone who is dependable as there will be future projects and possibility for permanent employment.
• This job requires use of hand power tools to re-assemble prefabricated large automation equipment and install at client location including: Mechanical Assembly, Pulling Cables, Connecting Harnesses, Using Forklift, Measurements, etc. You will work under the direct supervision of a site lead and work to assemble the equipment at the client's customer site in Dayton.
• Interpret technical documents, such as diagrams, schematics, blueprints, or other verbal or written instructions to efficiently and safely install equipment.
• Work with other members of team in a safe and efficient manner.
• Identify any defective items and handle according to established procedures
• A High School Diploma or GED/ AS Degree or Military experience preferred
• MUST be skilled with mechanical assembly, and use of handheld power tools.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Ability to work on scaffolding (up to 20 ft)
• Must have good eyesight, including depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to differentiate between colors.
NO DRUG TEST or BACKGROUND CHECK
Cloud Software Engineer
We are seeking a forward-thinking contract to direct hire Cloud Software Engineer, interested in full-stack development with an agile and DevOps mindset.
We're are only able to use local Rochester candidates who are US citizens or Green Card Holders
NO third parties or canaidates needing sponsorship can be considered.
- Keep team members and supervisors informed of progress and issues
- Actively contribute in project status meetings
- Complete programming using languages and software products
- Design and conduct unit level tests and contributing to System Level verification.
- Adhere to the Agile Software development methodology.
- Participate in the peer inspection process
- Abide by Corporate licensing policies
- Comply with UI Design as well as branding standards.
- Contribute to patent portfolio by generating and Submitting Intellectual Property ideas.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Use Software Configuration Management tools and check in process.
- Provide guidance to both onshore and offshore teams
- Manage multiple assignments and align them with the business priorities & deadlines
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Ensure smooth integration of software with existing systems
- Troubleshoot production issues, perform root cause analysis, and implement solutions
- Participate in the development of standards and procedures
- Architect, deploy & maintain Cloud solutions using delivering PaaS- (Platform as a Service) and IaaS- (Infrastructure as a Service) based solutions.
- Designing and deploying infrastructure to host new and existing lines of business applications
- Monitoring and testing system recovery accordance with the Company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Ensure solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability, security, and supportability
- Oversee information systems security safeguards for these cloud solutions
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years software development experience
- Ability to work within a team environment and foster the development of junior developers
- Clear understanding of the principles of object-oriented programming, portal development, and web services
- Knowledge of performance considerations, ability to measure performance and make improvements based on different browsers or devices
- Experience programming with C#, .NET, SQL or other related programming languages
- Experience with Angular or other Java scripting framework, HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience with .Net Webservices, WEP.API/RESTful, WCF/SOAP
- Experience working within an Agile SCRUM or SDLC environment
- Experience with AWS
- Strong Design Skills (ability to understand the whole system)
Only Rochester, NY candidatesd will be considered at this point in time.
You will develop advanced tools that allow our customers to build highly-sophisticated Business Intelligence applications for their stakeholders. You will work as a member of an engineering “feature team,” responsible for delivering value to our customers. In this role, you will design, implement, and deliver enterprise-class browser-based applications for both internal- and external-facing consumers. You will be part of a dynamic team of engineers who are developing cutting edge technology that fuels the premier BI platform in the industry. Your work will be deployed to production and used by dozens of major corporations such as FedEx, US Bank, and Mastercard to help drive their business goals and service their customers.
Collaborate with the product owner, technical lead, product designer, and other stakeholders to design, prototype and develop enterprise-class web applications.
- Maintain existing code and make improvements to increase maintainability, performance, and scalability.
- Support software rollouts to production.
- Constantly improve code quality and test coverage.
- Understand full-stack dependencies to minimize regressions and attain improved designs.
- Guide and mentor junior engineers. Serve as team lead if appropriate.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related subject.
- Experience with Java a plus.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (Junit, Cypress, etc.) a plus.
- Passion for writing well composed, testable code with a focus on readability and maintainability.
- Experience with open source build/deployment tools like Maven, Jenkins etc. is a plus.
- Data modeling experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of modern accessibility requirements a plus.
Someone who has the ability to do custom extracts and reporting using SQL query experience to improve our Learning Management System reporting.
A portion of the position is LMS (Learning Management System) administration, yet a critical skill/experience is to also have technical competence to use SQL to create queries, extracts, views, custom reports.
Someone with 3-5 years relevant experience plus 4-year degree, preferred in Computer Science field
- Provides design, technical, analytical, and consulting expertise for implementation and ongoing support of e-Learning and eRecord Learning Management System.
- Manages design, development creation, testing, publication, maintenance, trouble-shooting, education and support activities based on a project work plan that involves a high degree of complexity.
- Manages e-Learning and LMS projects and subtasks related to projects and third-parties involved in eRecord Training.
- Works in close coordination with the Lead Analyst, the Manager, Project Directors, LMS analyst, Principal Trainers, key Operations stakeholders /Subject Matter Experts and other departmental staff for project planning and direction setting.
- Coordinate own work tasks related to the timely implementation of changes to the Learning Management System and related eLearning development and production process, used by the eRecord Training project.
- Primary interface to internal technical staff and managers to identify training requirements, facilitate and implement changes in process, logistics and administration of the eRecord Training Program.
- Employs analytical and project management skills to identify and clarify user requirements and develop appropriate strategies.
- Able to evaluate appropriateness of various proposed solutions.
- Provides analytical, technical, administrative and procedural assistance for identification of LMS, e-Learning and training program requirements, enhancements and setup decisions.
Technical Systems Management and Skill Attributes
- Coordinates and completes LMS and e-Learning and some Intranet page design intake to production launch projects and tasks, to include related teams involved in the support the Training process.
- Monitors all aspects of LMS administration, e-Learning and some Intranet layout analysis, development and quality training instructional design logistics, learner enrollment and compliance validation.
- Maintains an in-depth technical knowledge of the LMS and e-learning instructional design and related procedures and processes.
- Responsible for project tracking, triaging and management of e-Learning and Learning Management (LMS) requests, including reporting.
- Reviews, finalizes, and ensures the documentation is complete and systems summaries, downtime procedures and LMS and eLearning specific process/procedures (Wiki).
- Monitors the operational impact of information technology solutions; may recommend and assist with changes in operational processes related to training programs, learning management systems and eLearning development or use.
- Evaluates, recommends systems aspects of training project, working with other team members and vendors as necessary.
- Establishes effective working relationships with technical personnel within vendors and other internal groups involved in e-learning and LMS systems analysis, planning, and implementation.
- Develops and manages logistics and administrative aspects of project and task management, routinely updating project plan.
- Gets customer sign-off at each appropriate milestone and approval to proceed.
- Performs system workflow analyses and documentation as necessary.
- Anticipates problems and formulates contingency plans or solutions as a project team member.
- Understands when and how to escalate project issues to Manager and/or Project Director.
- Interfaces effectively with customers, vendors, peer organizations (benchmarking).
- Works closely with the Lead Analyst and Manager to coordinate activities and ensure coverage of tasks and projects.
Consulting – Analysis
- Participates in the evaluation, design, facilitation, implementation and ongoing support of the Training program, especially the e-Learning and LMS components and some Intranet Training design.
- Defines, develops, and documents the necessary conceptual design and detail design of subprojects such as e-Learning status, compliance and LMS training reporting needs.
- Coordinate the functional and operational maintenance of e-Learning and of the Learning Management System with technical support.
- Develops and manages process for learner e-learning and LMS usage, activations and inactivation’s or updates.
- Provide support for Training communication distribution and follow-up
- Contribute to the compliance and reporting process to ensure users are appropriately trained prior to gaining access to the production system
- Ensuring any requests for e-Learning or LMS are tracked and responded to/accommodated including covering on-call after hours/weekends as part of a group rotation.
- Coordinate e-learning and LMS readiness for upgrades and new modules or projects as needed
- Serves on committees and attends meetings as requested.
- Follows all administrative standards (such as timely time sheet preparations, completing time away requests, completing annual mandatory educational requirements, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree is related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Computer Science, Health related studies, Training/Instructional Design or Business related studies) or equivalent.
- Masters preferred.
- At least 2 years proven Technical, LMS, e-Learning and Project Management experience.
- 3 years of Customer Support, Administration, preferably in a healthcare or training/ adult educational setting.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Captivate, Storyboard, Umbraco, MS Office applications, SharePoint, Report creation, and some knowledge of data base creation and use.
- Effective, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to follow-through on projects and perform project coordination/management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
This is an internal position within WS&A, we are continuing to grow. We are a Rochester top 100 organization: 2012, 2013, 2015 & 2016
Responsible for the achievement of sales and organizational staffing plans as dictated by the current year's business plan.
Responsible for the recruiting, sourcing, screening and interviewing of applicants for sales, service and other exempt and non-exempt positions.
Develops recruiting strategies with hiring managers
Must be able to employ creative recruiting techniques including internet ad placement and resume searches, job fairs, college recruiting, referrals, networking, and cold calling/direct sourcing of passive candidates.
Will develop and maintain solid pipeline of qualified candidates resulting in a steady flow of hires to meet the staffing plan.
Will communicate with hiring managers and candidates throughout the hiring life cycle to ensure solid placements.
Will act as liaison with contingent employment agencies. Will ensure positions are posted internally and that all internal applicants are considered.
Will develop university recruiting strategy and coordinate and participate in identified job fairs; Develop relationship with colleges/universities' department heads via presentations, interviews, case studies and scholarships to ensure flow of college applicants.
Interviews and evaluates candidates and determines next steps.
May schedule interviews between candidate and hiring managers
Makes salary and hiring recommendations and negotiates job offers
Full life-cycle recruiting
We working with our Rochester area client in a search for contract QA Automation Engineers who also have a background with c# basedapplications.
Only locals being considered and only US citizens and Green Card holders at this point.
NO THIRD PARTIES
Experience in these technologies is a definite plus!:
- Agile/Iterative/Waterfall Methodology
- Test plans and Test cases in Azure DevOp
- MS Visual Studio
- DevOps – Build in release pipeline
- Design, build, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions
- Create software application test cases, direct daily testing activities, develop and implement test plans, and troubleshoot/resolve issues
- Identify opportunities to automate workflows to increase reliability and predictability
- Analyze business requirements as well as design details to create a test strategy
- Develop SQL scripts to populate and perform backend tests within databases
- Develop manual/automated scripts for UI and SOAP/REST API tests
- Ensure issues and defects are properly documented, recreated, and addressed
- Work as part of cross functional teams to ensure quality is driven from requirements definition through to delivery
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- API testing through Postman, Fiddler, or a similar tool
- Test Customer facing technologies via an app (iOS /Android) or via desktop (Apple/Windows)
Skillsets we are looking for in a candidate:
- Experience with Software Automated Testing for front-end (UI) and backend (API’s/Services) using Selenium, Appium, Azure DevOps, Postman or similar tools
- Experience with RESTful API’s
- Establishing and maintaining useful testing metrics, including automation
- Strong PC Skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook) and different operating systems (Windows, MAC, iOS, & Android)
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools (Azure DevOps, JIRA, etc.)
- Strong Listening
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Analyzing data
- Troubleshooting/Diagnosing issues
- Cross functional collaboration
- Risk Evaluation
- Critical Thinking
- Project Coordination
- Requirements Analysis
- Understanding of databases
SQL Database Developer – (Rochester, NY)
Only local Rochester area US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
Due to our clients continued growth, we’re recruiting for SQL Database Developers for fulltime and contract roles in Fairport, NY.
The database developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications related to the database. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. You will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Develop and maintain database-related objects in AWS Redshift
- Use other 3rd party software to support development activities, E.g. Python, Source Control, Atlassian product suite (Jira, confluence, bitbucket),
- Troubleshooting of issues related to existing database logic
- Manage relationship with our external business partners
- Monitor daily data feeds for accuracy and timely delivery
- Optimization and performance analysis
- Creation of technical documentation
- Develops, plans and analyzes, designs products, and programs computer software that requires extensive research.
- Utilizes advance knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of software development and methodologies.
- Performs software and system testing procedures, bug verification, release testing, and beta support.
- Performs product design and programming activities involving multiple modules or subsystems.
- Participates in design meetings and consults with other staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Performs complex release testing and beta support for assigned projects and resolves problems found in the software.
- Prepares documentation required of the product.
- Analyzes and researches software requirements to determine feasibility of design and marketing requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Participate in Agile software development practices including all ceremonies
- Experience with a Health Care industry
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development or related field.
- 5 plus years of experience in Database Development, Software Engineering, Software Development, or similar field.
External Account Manager
San Francisco, CA or New York City
The candidate, who must be able to demonstrate sustained high performance with consistent over-achievement in similar positions, will be expected to function independently, while meeting the goals set by the management team. The Account Manager position will require one to effectively manage a complex sales cycle from lead generation to sale and then follow-on growth at each new account. The major day-to-day interactions will be with the inside sales, prospects and customers.
You must have information security sales experience to be considered for the external account manager role.
The external account manager will report to the Director of Sales.
Build and maintain a pipeline that will exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly quotas
Occasional cold calling to prop up prospect pipeline.
Coordinate on site meetings and presentations for prospects and clients
Attending prospect meetings
Manage the sale from first contact through the close and identify and win follow-on opportunities
Researching organizations and markets to develop new prospects, leads and opportunities.
Maintaining accurate Customer Relationship Management records.
Produce strategy and business plans to penetrate specific target markets.
Manage and develop new clients won to maximize both client satisfaction and revenue within defined time periods before passing client to account management for on-going management.
Achieving the sales target as set out by the business.
Experience with IT security services, especially application and network penetration testing are a major plus
Working with an internal account manager to assist in the targeting of prospects.
Generate leads through prospecting and networking
Work as part of a team with inside sales and marketing to conceive and execute lead gen campaigns
Proven experience of business to business (B2B) IT Security Sales.
Experience of selling SaaS based managed services is highly desirable.
Experience of selling to Medium to Large Enterprises.
Experience of dealing with senior decision makers – up to ‘CxO’ level.
Knowledge of high-tech sales cycles and services selling • Demonstrated ability in a strategic sales role • Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales with extended sales cycles • Basic proficiency in Salesforce.com or other CRM • Ability to listen to clients and relay their needs internally to effectively craft solutions • Ability to work independently with little oversight • High level of enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and highly self-motivated • Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
IT Security literacy – understanding of typical terms used in corporate IT Security environments.
Lead sourcing and researching.
Sales Cycle and pipeline management including.
Knowledge of CRM
Experience of Web Application Security or Vulnerability Management market is highly desirable.
Experience of Ecommerce, web development and Internet networking a plus.
Good communication and presentation skills.
Market Awareness – Able to use a wide range of available resources to research market trends and competitive information.
Time and Territory Management – Able to organise each day, week and month to maximise client contact.
Consultative, solution selling approach – Ability to use advanced questioning techniques to uncover relevant needs across a prospects business.
Building the commercial argument – Understanding of strategy and proposition to the market and ability to tailor the benefits to present specific commercial benefits to the client. Ability to clearly explain ROI.
Going the extra mile – Always looking to proactively exceed the client’s expectations.
Solving business problems – constantly looking for innovative ways of solving customer needs.
Achieving Targets – proven track record at achieving targets, a desire and capability to continue to push beyond 100%.
Accurate Forecasting – An understanding of the business pipeline to provide accurate forecasting.