Click column header to sort
This is an internal position within WS&A, we are continuing to grow. We are a Rochester top 100 organization: 2012, 2013, 2015 & 2016
Responsible for the achievement of sales and organizational staffing plans as dictated by the current year's business plan.
Responsible for the recruiting, sourcing, screening and interviewing of applicants for sales, service and other exempt and non-exempt positions.
Develops recruiting strategies with hiring managers
Must be able to employ creative recruiting techniques including internet ad placement and resume searches, job fairs, college recruiting, referrals, networking, and cold calling/direct sourcing of passive candidates.
Will develop and maintain solid pipeline of qualified candidates resulting in a steady flow of hires to meet the staffing plan.
Will communicate with hiring managers and candidates throughout the hiring life cycle to ensure solid placements.
Will act as liaison with contingent employment agencies. Will ensure positions are posted internally and that all internal applicants are considered.
Will develop university recruiting strategy and coordinate and participate in identified job fairs; Develop relationship with colleges/universities' department heads via presentations, interviews, case studies and scholarships to ensure flow of college applicants.
Interviews and evaluates candidates and determines next steps.
May schedule interviews between candidate and hiring managers
Makes salary and hiring recommendations and negotiates job offers
Full life-cycle recruiting
Our Fairport, NY client is searching for a SQL Data integration/full stack developer to work on a 6 month contract to hire role.
You will work closely with business application users and other stakeholders to understand end-to-end integration processes for conducting business transactions.
This position will be responsible for designing, prototyping, creating, and modifying Data Integration Interfaces. Additional duties will include business intelligence and data analytics development.
A successful applicant will have broad technical understanding of various application integration methods and tools including web services, SOAP and REST based API’s, file transfer, process orchestration, and extract-transform-load (ETL) as well solid SQL development experience. Also need to have c#, vb development and if you have angular thats a plus!
- Ideal candidate will have a keen desire to learn and understand business processes in order to provide efficient solutions
- Review and clarify application integration requirements for business solutions. Ensure end solution meets business needs; provide time-efficient and cost-saving alternates where necessary.
- Collaborate with business & technical analysts to manage and track changes to requirements and assess change impact.
- Act as subject matter expert for the data and process integration between business application endpoints.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, business analysts and other application developers to design technically sound integration solutions.
- Must have the ability to think ‘outside the box’, roll up sleeves and “own” the ultimate solution.
- Help define integration test scenarios across multiple application endpoints. Design and execute system integration test plans.
- Handle production support on application integration incidents/problems and provide timely resolution and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related fields
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and database design and advanced querying ability
- Experience with c# and vb application development is required.
- Any expereince with angular is a plus
- Strong aptitude to pick up new skills and knowledge through research
- Experience in data integration
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- The adaptability to work in an ever changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to think outside the box to provide innovative solutions
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little to no supervision
- Business Intelligence development in Microsoft stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, Power BI)
- Experience in relational and dimensional data modeling
- Experience with Web Services and REST API for Application Integration
- Experience working on a project team using agile SDLC methodologies
- Experience with cloud-based architecture – Everything we do today is solely cloud based.
.Net Web Application Developers
Wellington Steele is recruiting for c# .net software developers with varying amount of experience who will fit into a fun, high-energy, results-driven, team-oriented organization.
Our consultants combine exceptional technical credentials with a high degree of business acumen and effective communication skills. In this role, you will learn from experts, collaborate with key business and technical personnel to implement solutions in support of product initiatives. We utilize Agile and custom methods which value daily cooperation within and across teams above all else.
- Web Services, REST, JSON
- AJAX, REST, JSON
- XML, HTML, CSS
- MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) & Team Build
- Unit Test Frameworks
Key Technologies for .NET Developers:
- C#.NET (familiarity with ASP.NET MVC also useful)
- Experience with various frameworks (angular, vue, node, etc) is a bonus
- SQL, RDBMS (Oracle)
- Develop and deliver software on cutting edge and growing platforms
- Build web applications using Hibernate, Spring MVC, Web Services
- Fulfill tasks as a member of an agile team, using agile practices (e.g. peer reviews and paired programming, daily stand up meetings)
- Be able to experiment with and adopt industry and team techniques (e.g. follow test-first TDD practices)
- Be able to proactively adapt to new technologies and changing requirements
- Participate in requirement and design reviews with business partners and other engineers
- Investigate and resolve issues in development, test and production environments
- Provide timely communication of status to project leaders in oral and written formats
- Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related software or computing discipline, or demonstrated job experience equating to a Bachelors Degree.
- At least one year demonstrated on-the-job programming
- Experience with Object Oriented designs and patterns
- Excellent verbal, written, time management and organizational skills
- Acceptance of personal responsibility to impact results and deliver on commitments
- Able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects
- Detail oriented, a self-starter and a strong team player
- Demonstration of self-motivation, ability to learn quickly and to apply know-how to solutions
- Ability to present technical topics to a technical or non-technical audience
- Experience and/or a willingness to work in a fast-paced Agile software development environment
- Experience or coursework in the following or related technologies:
- IDE & Enterprise source code control tools (e.g. Eclipse, MS Visual Studio)
- Web services (SOAP or REST)
- Familiarity with testing frameworks preferred (e.g. FitNesse, Selenium)
We're working with our Rochester client to find them a full stack software engineer
The contractor will work on several small to medium sized development efforts dealing with HR (Payroll, Benefits, Scholarship Program), Risk Management, Design and Development (Construction) Services, and Employee Communications systems.
Software development focus will primarily be on integrations development and web application development.
- Understanding of Development Practices Focused on Leveraging Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Front End (Web App) Development:
- Backend, Integrations, and Reporting:
- Database Platforms:
- SQL Server
- Azure Cosmos DB
- An understanding of Git source control and Azure DevOps (CI Pipeline) preferred
We working with our Rochester area client in a search for QA Automation Engineers who also have a background in c#.
- Design, build, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions
- Create software application test cases, direct daily testing activities, develop and implement test plans, and troubleshoot/resolve issues
- Identify opportunities to automate workflows to increase reliability and predictability
- Analyze business requirements as well as design details to create a test strategy
- Develop SQL scripts to populate and perform backend tests within databases
- Develop manual/automated scripts for UI and SOAP/REST API tests
- Ensure issues and defects are properly documented, recreated, and addressed
- Work as part of cross functional teams to ensure quality is driven from requirements definition through to delivery
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- API testing through Postman, Fiddler, or a similar tool
- Test Customer facing technologies via an app (iOS /Android) or via desktop (Apple/Windows)
Skillsets we are looking for in a candidate:
- Experience with Software Automated Testing for front-end (UI) and backend (API’s/Services) using Selenium, Appium, Azure DevOps, Postman or similar tools
- Experience with RESTful API’s
- Establishing and maintaining useful testing metrics, including automation
- Strong PC Skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook) and different operating systems (Windows, MAC, iOS, & Android)
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools (Azure DevOps, JIRA, etc.)
- Strong Listening
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Analyzing data
- Troubleshooting/Diagnosing issues
- Cross functional collaboration
- Risk Evaluation
- Critical Thinking
- Project Coordination
- Requirements Analysis
- Understanding of databases
SQL Database Developer – (Rochester, NY)
Only local Rochester area US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
Due to our clients continued growth, we’re recruiting for SQL Database Developers for fulltime and contract roles in Fairport, NY.
The database developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications related to the database. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. You will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Develop and maintain database-related objects in SQL Server 2012 through 2017
- Mostly DB Development with some occasional DBA responsibilities
- 90% - Database design, development and monitoring
- 10% - DBA activities such as SQL backup’s maintenance, index maintenance, server migration, and database restore
- ETL development
- Troubleshooting of issues related to existing database logic
- Manage relationship with our external business partners
- Monitor daily data feeds for accuracy and timely delivery
- Optimization and performance analysis
- Creation of technical documentation
- Experience in healthcare IT is a plus
- Develops, plans and analyzes, designs products, and programs computer software that requires extensive research.
- Utilizes advance knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of software development and methodologies.
- Performs software and system testing procedures, bug verification, release testing, and beta support.
- Performs product design and programming activities involving multiple modules or subsystems.
- Participates in design meetings and consults with other staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Performs complex release testing and beta support for assigned projects and resolves problems found in the software.
- Prepares documentation required of the product.
- Analyzes and researches software requirements to determine feasibility of design and marketing requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development or related field.
- 5 plus years of experience in Database Development, Software Engineering, Software Development, or similar field.
Windows/Data Center Admin
Essential Job Functions:
As a System Administrator you will be responsible for installation, configuring and troubleshooting software developed in house along with effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. You will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
You will also ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET, overtime is required at times
- Design, deploy, and maintain mission critical systems.
- Triage application issues.
- Provide vital feedback and requirements to the development teams concerning solution architecture during the design and development phases of the product cycles.
- Develop tools, scripts, and utilities to automate management tasks.
- Ensure proper operation of hosted applications through proactive monitoring of key subsystems.
- Support Test and Staging of released applications throughout their lifecycles.
- Assist in maintaining security and privacy of solutions and their managed data by following defined security processes.
- SharePoint developer and administrator skills
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server 2012, 2016, Microsoft Office, SQL Server 2012, 2016, ASP.NET 1.1/2.0/4.0, IIS.
- Ability to work with high profile customers, both internally and externally, and have excellent English.
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting Cisco Networking technologies.
- Experience with industry recognized auditing and compliance tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMWare) technologies.
- Knowledge of WSUS and Microsoft patch management tools
- PowerShell scripting or batch scripting experience
- Automation expertise a plus.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
External Account Manager
San Francisco, CA or New York City
The candidate, who must be able to demonstrate sustained high performance with consistent over-achievement in similar positions, will be expected to function independently, while meeting the goals set by the management team. The Account Manager position will require one to effectively manage a complex sales cycle from lead generation to sale and then follow-on growth at each new account. The major day-to-day interactions will be with the inside sales, prospects and customers.
You must have information security sales experience to be considered for the external account manager role.
The external account manager will report to the Director of Sales.
Build and maintain a pipeline that will exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly quotas
Occasional cold calling to prop up prospect pipeline.
Coordinate on site meetings and presentations for prospects and clients
Attending prospect meetings
Manage the sale from first contact through the close and identify and win follow-on opportunities
Researching organizations and markets to develop new prospects, leads and opportunities.
Maintaining accurate Customer Relationship Management records.
Produce strategy and business plans to penetrate specific target markets.
Manage and develop new clients won to maximize both client satisfaction and revenue within defined time periods before passing client to account management for on-going management.
Achieving the sales target as set out by the business.
Experience with IT security services, especially application and network penetration testing are a major plus
Working with an internal account manager to assist in the targeting of prospects.
Generate leads through prospecting and networking
Work as part of a team with inside sales and marketing to conceive and execute lead gen campaigns
Proven experience of business to business (B2B) IT Security Sales.
Experience of selling SaaS based managed services is highly desirable.
Experience of selling to Medium to Large Enterprises.
Experience of dealing with senior decision makers – up to ‘CxO’ level.
Knowledge of high-tech sales cycles and services selling • Demonstrated ability in a strategic sales role • Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales with extended sales cycles • Basic proficiency in Salesforce.com or other CRM • Ability to listen to clients and relay their needs internally to effectively craft solutions • Ability to work independently with little oversight • High level of enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and highly self-motivated • Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
IT Security literacy – understanding of typical terms used in corporate IT Security environments.
Lead sourcing and researching.
Sales Cycle and pipeline management including.
Knowledge of CRM
Experience of Web Application Security or Vulnerability Management market is highly desirable.
Experience of Ecommerce, web development and Internet networking a plus.
Good communication and presentation skills.
Market Awareness – Able to use a wide range of available resources to research market trends and competitive information.
Time and Territory Management – Able to organise each day, week and month to maximise client contact.
Consultative, solution selling approach – Ability to use advanced questioning techniques to uncover relevant needs across a prospects business.
Building the commercial argument – Understanding of strategy and proposition to the market and ability to tailor the benefits to present specific commercial benefits to the client. Ability to clearly explain ROI.
Going the extra mile – Always looking to proactively exceed the client’s expectations.
Solving business problems – constantly looking for innovative ways of solving customer needs.
Achieving Targets – proven track record at achieving targets, a desire and capability to continue to push beyond 100%.
Accurate Forecasting – An understanding of the business pipeline to provide accurate forecasting.