Click column header to sort
The Systems Engineer role (SE) is responsible for working closely with the Global Development Manager (GDM) and the Technology Teams to define and clarify complexity of technical requirements and system design.
- They facilitate the segmentation, definition of detailed SW requirements, linkages to User Interface (UI) behavior and design provided by a UI Designer, and inter-dependencies of SW components for development planning and execution.
- The SE is collaborative and enabling, to bring together the relevant technical representatives, in order to put sufficient technical definition and clarity in place for the SW team.
- This is critical in the early stages of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), so that the SW teams can move forward as planned.
- The candidate will work within SSDE and occasionally with team members across the value chain, to refine requirements and designs, maintain accurate product backlogs, work within some Task Management Tool (e.g. TFS) to keep work item status accurate and complete.
The SE must be able have meaningful conversations with the business owners, users, and technology team around the practical nature of the software and be able to receive and positively respond to constructive feedback.
The SE must also be able to respond and clarify questions about requirements and design features, as well as adjust requirements based on retrospective issues.
The SE will have to work with other product and portal teams and ensure seamless integration with their products and portals.
This SE role is working on software solutions which enable discovery, configuration and status polling of printers, print servers and MFDs.
- Experience in .NET, Client-Server architecture constructs and Microsoft based N-Tier architecture.
- Experience with SQL and IIS
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent work attitude –“Can Do” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Works effectively with internal teams
- Ability to multi-task and put extra effort in to get the job done, if needed
- Ability to listen, engage and maintain continuous communication with a diverse group of SW developers with a variety of personality types
- A good understanding of the business, technology and the tools used to support the business
- Must have genuine enthusiasm and passion for technology, its application to solve business problems and ensuring requirements clarity is the best it can be
- Familiar with standard development methodologies (Scrum Agile Development) and global product development (onshore and offshore components)
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent required
- MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Development, Software Management desired
- 10-15 years software development experience required
As part of the Citrix team, you will be responsible for the administration and implementation relative to virtualization in the following areas: Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Knowledge relative to administration and implementation relative to virtualization in the following areas: Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.X and 6.65
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2/ 2016
- Experience with Citrix Director
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Citrix GPOs and Policies
- Experience maintaining a Citrix environment with complex, multiple AD domains
- Experience with PVS, management of VDISKs, coordinating UAT, and lifecycle management of Citrix images
- Configures and administers all components of Citrix infrastructure including application publishing, system monitoring, troubleshooting, end user support, license monitoring, and system documentation.
- Participating in the evaluation, planning, design, and implementation of new application initiatives
- Identifying opportunities and implementing solutions to improve business processes and productivity, with a keen focus on automation
- Providing on-going support of installed application systems including resolution of application systems incidents, root cause analysis of problems, impact analysis and planning of proposed system upgrades and patches
- Analysis and development of enhancements to meet changing user requirements
- Maintaining corporate Citrix environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge in Citrix XenApp 6.5 and 7.X.
- Experience supporting Citrix suite of products (XenApp, XenDesktop, etc.) version 7.x including Citrix Receiver.
- Experience publishing and deploying applications via XenApp
- Experience troubleshooting application publishing issues, user connectivity, and network timeouts
- Experience supporting XenApp is a thin client environment preferred
- Fundamental knowledge, understanding, and ability to troubleshoot Active Directory and network technologies and protocols
- XenDesktop experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Adept quick learner
- Ability to work in an environment where deadlines are critical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to take direction and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Developed analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- On-call availability.
Title: Sr. Software Developer
Long term contract with a great compensation!
- MS Windows programming C#/.NET (preferred)
- MS Windows Application Development
- NET Web Application Development
- MVC Framework Experience
- Entity Framework Experience
- SQL Server Experience
- Microsoft Azure Platform and Azure SDK experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 – 10 years software development experience
- Teamwork Experience
- Verbal Communication skills
- User Interface Design experience
- Preferably Agile Software Development Process experience
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- Software Debug and Troubleshooting
.Net Web Application Developers
Wellington Steele is recruiting for c# .net software developers with varying amount of experience who will fit into a fun, high-energy, results-driven, team-oriented organization.
Our consultants combine exceptional technical credentials with a high degree of business acumen and effective communication skills. In this role, you will learn from experts, collaborate with key business and technical personnel to implement solutions in support of product initiatives. We utilize Agile and custom methods which value daily cooperation within and across teams above all else.
- Web Services, REST, JSON
- AJAX, REST, JSON
- XML, HTML, CSS
- MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) & Team Build
- Unit Test Frameworks
Key Technologies for .NET Developers:
- C#.NET (familiarity with ASP.NET MVC also useful)
- Experience with various frameworks (angular, vue, node, etc) is a bonus
- SQL, RDBMS (Oracle)
- Develop and deliver software on cutting edge and growing platforms
- Build web applications using Hibernate, Spring MVC, Web Services
- Fulfill tasks as a member of an agile team, using agile practices (e.g. peer reviews and paired programming, daily stand up meetings)
- Be able to experiment with and adopt industry and team techniques (e.g. follow test-first TDD practices)
- Be able to proactively adapt to new technologies and changing requirements
- Participate in requirement and design reviews with business partners and other engineers
- Investigate and resolve issues in development, test and production environments
- Provide timely communication of status to project leaders in oral and written formats
- Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related software or computing discipline, or demonstrated job experience equating to a Bachelors Degree.
- At least one year demonstrated on-the-job programming
- Experience with Object Oriented designs and patterns
- Excellent verbal, written, time management and organizational skills
- Acceptance of personal responsibility to impact results and deliver on commitments
- Able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects
- Detail oriented, a self-starter and a strong team player
- Demonstration of self-motivation, ability to learn quickly and to apply know-how to solutions
- Ability to present technical topics to a technical or non-technical audience
- Experience and/or a willingness to work in a fast-paced Agile software development environment
- Experience or coursework in the following or related technologies:
- IDE & Enterprise source code control tools (e.g. Eclipse, MS Visual Studio)
- Web services (SOAP or REST)
- Familiarity with testing frameworks preferred (e.g. FitNesse, Selenium)
We're working with our Rochester client to find them a full stack software engineer
The contractor will work on several small to medium sized development efforts dealing with HR (Payroll, Benefits, Scholarship Program), Risk Management, Design and Development (Construction) Services, and Employee Communications systems.
Software development focus will primarily be on integrations development and web application development.
- Understanding of Development Practices Focused on Leveraging Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Front End (Web App) Development:
- Backend, Integrations, and Reporting:
- Database Platforms:
- SQL Server
- Azure Cosmos DB
- An understanding of Git source control and Azure DevOps (CI Pipeline) preferred
SQL Database Developer – (Rochester, NY)
This is a direct hire role for our Rochester area client.
Only local Rochester area US Citizens or Green Card holders will be considered.
The database developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications related to the database.
Must have strong background in SQL including researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle.
As a SQL developer you will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Develops, plans and analyzes, designs products, and programs computer software that requires extensive research.
- Utilizes advance knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of software development and methodologies.
- Performs software and system testing procedures, bug verification, release testing, and beta support.
- Performs product design and programming activities involving multiple modules or subsystems.
- Participates in design meetings and consults with other staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Performs complex release testing and beta support for assigned projects and resolves problems found in the software.
- Prepares documentation required of the product.
- Analyzes and researches software requirements to determine feasibility of design and marketing requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Development or related field.
- 3 plus years of experience in Database Development, Software Engineering, Software Development, or similar field.
- Working technical knowledge of database concepts and basic architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of database programming languages and ability to write complex sql queries.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle.
External Account Manager
San Francisco, CA or New York City
The candidate, who must be able to demonstrate sustained high performance with consistent over-achievement in similar positions, will be expected to function independently, while meeting the goals set by the management team. The Account Manager position will require one to effectively manage a complex sales cycle from lead generation to sale and then follow-on growth at each new account. The major day-to-day interactions will be with the inside sales, prospects and customers.
You must have information security sales experience to be considered for the external account manager role.
The external account manager will report to the Director of Sales.
Build and maintain a pipeline that will exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly quotas
Occasional cold calling to prop up prospect pipeline.
Coordinate on site meetings and presentations for prospects and clients
Attending prospect meetings
Manage the sale from first contact through the close and identify and win follow-on opportunities
Researching organizations and markets to develop new prospects, leads and opportunities.
Maintaining accurate Customer Relationship Management records.
Produce strategy and business plans to penetrate specific target markets.
Manage and develop new clients won to maximize both client satisfaction and revenue within defined time periods before passing client to account management for on-going management.
Achieving the sales target as set out by the business.
Experience with IT security services, especially application and network penetration testing are a major plus
Working with an internal account manager to assist in the targeting of prospects.
Generate leads through prospecting and networking
Work as part of a team with inside sales and marketing to conceive and execute lead gen campaigns
Proven experience of business to business (B2B) IT Security Sales.
Experience of selling SaaS based managed services is highly desirable.
Experience of selling to Medium to Large Enterprises.
Experience of dealing with senior decision makers – up to ‘CxO’ level.
Knowledge of high-tech sales cycles and services selling • Demonstrated ability in a strategic sales role • Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales with extended sales cycles • Basic proficiency in Salesforce.com or other CRM • Ability to listen to clients and relay their needs internally to effectively craft solutions • Ability to work independently with little oversight • High level of enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, and highly self-motivated • Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
IT Security literacy – understanding of typical terms used in corporate IT Security environments.
Lead sourcing and researching.
Sales Cycle and pipeline management including.
Knowledge of CRM
Experience of Web Application Security or Vulnerability Management market is highly desirable.
Experience of Ecommerce, web development and Internet networking a plus.
Good communication and presentation skills.
Market Awareness – Able to use a wide range of available resources to research market trends and competitive information.
Time and Territory Management – Able to organise each day, week and month to maximise client contact.
Consultative, solution selling approach – Ability to use advanced questioning techniques to uncover relevant needs across a prospects business.
Building the commercial argument – Understanding of strategy and proposition to the market and ability to tailor the benefits to present specific commercial benefits to the client. Ability to clearly explain ROI.
Going the extra mile – Always looking to proactively exceed the client’s expectations.
Solving business problems – constantly looking for innovative ways of solving customer needs.
Achieving Targets – proven track record at achieving targets, a desire and capability to continue to push beyond 100%.
Accurate Forecasting – An understanding of the business pipeline to provide accurate forecasting.